Rally Chat Proposed whisky meet, May 7th 2016 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Why not ?
If you're a wiskey drinker you'll probably never notice the difference between Cognac and Rum
Especially if you mix it with Red Bull and dip a deep fried Mars Bar in it

I guess that they are not compatible then ;)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
It's a good price IF you like very strongly spiced rum
If suggest trying Havana Club 7 year old. A good value 'every day' rum

I'll try the Havana Club 7 year old then - I'm a complete noob when it comes to rum.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Id be up for it :xThumb: wont turn down a local meet :xgrin:
Ill bring plenty of Homebrew & something special for the Whiskey Tasters ;) 5 months plenty of time (y)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Just a quick up date: I have been looking for suitable sites that will meet our criteria and are open when we plan to get together but some are still closed and are not easy to contact.

To add to the complications, I have just been given a date for surgery in mid-April. When I see the surgeon in a couple of weeks, I'll have a better idea of whether I will be able to participate in rally like events - especially those involving alcohol when on pain killers. I may ask if we can postpone the meet until the Autumn but will post that question if it looks like I won't be able to do much in the run up to the current date in May.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
How ironic, I was thinking about this meet on the way home tonight, and it pops up again.

Waiting eagerly to hear the proposed dates/location.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
John doesn't look on here, so wont be telling him about this meet :giggler::giggler:

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Hi guys,

I too have had to deal with some personal stuff and coupled with the fact that I'm due for another operation on my leg :( I'll go with the majority, although like Matt, it may be better for me to postpone (although waiting to hear when surgery will be required...)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm up for a drop of the Aldi single malt :rolleyes:

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Just a quick up date: I have been looking for suitable sites that will meet our criteria and are open when we plan to get together but some are still closed and are not easy to contact.

To add to the complications, I have just been given a date for surgery in mid-April. When I see the surgeon in a couple of weeks, I'll have a better idea of whether I will be able to participate in rally like events - especially those involving alcohol when on pain killers. I may ask if we can postpone the meet until the Autumn but will post that question if it looks like I won't be able to do much in the run up to the current date in May.
Hope all goes well with your op. Would be pleased if this is moved to Autumn as its right up my street (drink wise and location wise)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Hope all goes well with your op. Would be pleased if this is moved to Autumn as its right up my street (drink wise and location wise)

I'll find out more from the surgeon in 2 weeks time but Autumn looks like it would be better for me. We need to check with the whisky master @TheWM before any dates can be confirmed.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm up for a drop of the Aldi single malt :rolleyes:
What is it called. I enjoy Aldi's Highland Earl which is a blended whisky.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Update:

Due to medical uncertainties, we are postponing the meet until the weekend of 10 Sep. We apologise if this doesn't work for those that can attend in May but we would rather plan for what we can deal with rather than having to cancel at the last min.

It should also be easier to find a site that can accommodate us between South London and Bedfordshire and allows camp fires, is good for kids, doesn't have a 11pm curfew and isn't located next to a helipad, motorway or pig farm. Any suggestions?

To make up for the disappointment of postponing the event, the first drink is on me and a double ration for whoever recommends the site that we go to.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
That might be great for us as well. Thank you.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Any news on this! We plan to go off touring in september but will hold off until after this rally if it's still happening...?
John

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Yes we are of to Portugal after the railway meet. We are going for six weeks. We hope to see it after that now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back