Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I've just finally got around to changing the exhaust rear box and silencer on my 2002 Hymer 2.8 and I can hardly believe what a simple little job it turned out to be. The easiest exhaust I think I've ever changed :). I've no idea what the cost might be from a dealer or exhaust outlet but if your into a bit of DIY then it's got to be a good cost saving I would think.

I got the new box from these folk...They seem to cover many models including LHD.

Broken Link Removed

Another £12 for postage brought the total to just £48.87. It took about a week getting here from Poland!

Dave

Last edited:

Duffy1948

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
My 1995 Hymer 2.5 Turbo exhaust is £85 inc vat inc delivery.
True German organisation. Don't knock it!

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
The easiest exhaust I think I've ever changed

I bought a new exhaust from Poland for my 2.5TD and had the garage fit it when the MH was in for its MOT. It was so simple to fit that the garage did not charge me anything for the work....just full price for the MOT (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I was at a Motor Factor's yesterday, which I use regularly.
The owner remembered me enquiring a while back about him sourcing a LHD exhaust for our DUCATO 2.8TDi.............which he couldn't in the end.
He asked me if I was sorted, then nearly fell off his chair when I told him of the price I paid for the twin box system from Poland, ie, £58 + £11 shipping.
He couldn't believe it, and admitted that he would never be able to match those prices, even for a RHD exhaust. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back