BBC/ITV/Ch5 on Oyster 85cm in Spain. YES. (1 Viewer)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Groan.............
Not that again..............

I like to experiment a little, sometimes with good results sometimes a complete failure, experimenting, that's what it is.

Yesterday I fitted a Black Inverto LNB on my Oyster dish and re-scanned, good, lots of stronger signals, lots of other channels.

Now I get all BBC/ITV/Ch5..etc etc on my 1.35m static dish in my garden here in Totana, Spain, HD perfect, regionals perfect.

So back to the Oyster, I am a little surprised to see the scan bringing in Ch5 and all its sub channels plus this add that etc, however looking at my recent catch of the day [SCAN] I noticed ITV, and all its sub channels, and BBC1, there they are, watchable no problem. BBC breaking up a little.

So to sum up....its could be possible to receive the above, if you have the correct set-up, the time, have a cloudless sky [Spain] use a good LNB, no trees to block the signal etc. I use a basic free to air type box, it has a direct scart plug into back of Avetex set up, nothing flash.
We are fairly south, this area and areas nearby generally have some problems, even with large dishes, but if someone wanted to take this small test further, I think they could produce good results for the winter visitors. I find this 30 minutes of experimenting quite interesting, hope you do too.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Apparently the cooler temperatures help the weaker signals more.
I get the same (have done all this year - apart from some ITV1HD channels which just don't get thru) on my 80x85cm dish here near Valenica.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We will be happy to test this out ourselves when we head your way in January.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'll have to have a re-scan then ! I tried the inverto some years back when it first all disappeared but never worked. Would make a change to see some tv that wasn't Spanish.:D

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Personally I find the GI range of LNBs to perform much better than the Inverto ultra blacks.
Definitely the GI Twin and Quads perform way better than the Inverto Ultra Back Twin and Quads.
ITV1HD on 11097 can be a pain to get a stable signal, and can only usually get about 6.5 - 7.7bd using a 100x110cm dish and IUBS. With a GI it raced up to 9.5db!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back