Rally early yet, but a heads up ! (1 Viewer)

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Thanks John(y)
All the bases are covered then:whistle:
The 1.5 tonne roller & the rugby uprights reminded me of a 7's competition at Aberaeron a few years ago, when a few tents were "accidentally" flattened;);)
Viv
& that about covers it....................
You Bring it & it is there ;)

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Cheers Jaws.....certainly seems a popular meet....could you let me have details re what goes on and how we book, etc..and is there electric, toilets,etc
Much appreciated
TeeCee

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllll.. Just copied the following from higher up in the thread TeeCee :)

It is a ticket only event... Cost should be £10 per head.. Tickets go on sale at the end of March
Folk sometimes arrive on the Tuesday before and leave on the Wednesday after !!
The offical days are Friday to Monday though

Friday night is get together and a meal ( usually fish and chips of similar ) in the club house
Saturday .. This is usually a motorcycle ride out for those with bikes and a chill day or walk along the river of visit the town of Thetford day
Saturday evening it is live music, and a charity auction ( the whole event is about raising lolly for Air Ambulance ). Donations of anything to auction is always greatly appreciated
Sunday is silly ( very silly ) games and a moped grand prix ( mopeds supplied ). A truly great spectator sport !! LOL !! It is open to anyone who wants to have a go and a cup for the over all winner
Sunday night more music
Monday.. some will say goodby while others will linger..
Monday afternoon help me and others clear up the site a bit !! ( though this year it was clearer when everyone left than when we arrived ! )

There is a a bar... there are toilets and showers available, water at an external tap and an elsan point..did I mention the bar ? :) LOL !!
Lots of grass and trees.. a 1.5 tonne roller, a few rugby uprights.. Think that about covers it really

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welllll.. Just copied the following from higher up in the thread TeeCee :)

It is a ticket only event... Cost should be £10 per head.. Tickets go on sale at the end of March
Folk sometimes arrive on the Tuesday before and leave on the Wednesday after !!
The offical days are Friday to Monday though

Friday night is get together and a meal ( usually fish and chips of similar ) in the club house
Saturday .. This is usually a motorcycle ride out for those with bikes and a chill day or walk along the river of visit the town of Thetford day
Saturday evening it is live music, and a charity auction ( the whole event is about raising lolly for Air Ambulance ). Donations of anything to auction is always greatly appreciated
Sunday is silly ( very silly ) games and a moped grand prix ( mopeds supplied ). A truly great spectator sport !! LOL !! It is open to anyone who wants to have a go and a cup for the over all winner
Sunday night more music
Monday.. some will say goodby while others will linger..
Monday afternoon help me and others clear up the site a bit !! ( though this year it was clearer when everyone left than when we arrived ! )

There is a a bar... there are toilets and showers available, water at an external tap and an elsan point..did I mention the bar ? :) LOL !!
Lots of grass and trees.. a 1.5 tonne roller, a few rugby uprights.. Think that about covers it really
It was a great meet - and a simply amazing amount of money raised for the Air Ambulance. Still chuckling when remembering the moped racing ladies.....

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds like fun....how do we get on the fri to monday list...and payment, etc?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welll.. there is no list as such ( at the moment )
The list will be available to be put on after Christmas and tickets on sale towards the end of March :)

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
As I noticed peeps asking to be put on a provisional list..could I be please? And is it fair to assume that someone will be in touch in due course for confirmation?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There is not even a provisional list other than this thread ! :)
When the tickets go up for sale at the end of March a new thread will be posted giving all the details of how to book etc :)

Just keep the peepers pealed and I am sure you will see it !

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Indeed sir. And your secret generator hook up is arranged.
Please park in the designated spot near the entrance to the nuclear bunker
You told me that Dawn B could have that pitch........

......oh no, my mistake. That was IN the nuclear bunker.......

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well it has a sign by the door 'Sponsored by Night Nurse'

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
8241640089_d8dc035b20_b.jpg

[QUOTE="Jaws, post:
[/QUOTE]
Does this count as a motorbike
you sort of sit in the helmet!

neill

if so can we go on the list(y)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well it could certainly join the ride out but I cannot help but feel it may struggle to keep up ?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Doh!
You're right of course :)
200cc with 2 adults, 0-60 in...... Tomorrow !!!
Let me know which pub you Finnish at, I will set off early!
Neill
Don't let John put you off. He is just jealous because you have got a BMW. :xgrin: :reel:

Mind you I used to have an Issetta bubble car in the late 1960s (used it on a bike licence) and you measured the 0 to 60 time with a calendar. Despite that I wish I still had it, just for the fun factor.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
If im still alive jaws and survive the driving in spain and then get back ok,,if i dont meet a stunning looking woman who just happens to be a lottery winner, i would love to pop my rally cherry at your thetford bash ! ian...

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I will let you have a drive, beer tokens accepted ;-)
:xlaugh:
Don't let John put you off. He is just jealous because you have got a BMW. :xgrin: :reel:

Mind you I used to have an Issetta bubble car in the late 1960s (used it on a bike licence) and you measured the 0 to 60 time with a calendar. Despite that I wish I still had it, just for the fun factor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back