Britstops (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hopefully one of the many people he/she is ripping off will go after them soon and get it taken down.
Surprised it's still up actually, don't know what the guy is doing it for as he isn't making anything out of it as far as I can see, and must have took a hell of a lot trouble to get it all running.
But that aside it is a hell of a webpage if you are looking for somewhere to stay

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
I'm going tojoin the wend. Cant think of a better wayto mix with locals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Why is this site breaking copyright laws anymore than CampsitesUK which has been going for years?

Because they are openly using other people's databases.

UKCampsite don't so that. You won't find Britstops listed as such for example. (Possibly a bad example as I don't think they list pub stops at all but hopefully you get what I mean.) I imagine they have some kind of arrangement with the 2 "big clubs"

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Ooh, had forgotten about this thread!

Is this an opportune moment to slip in a cheeky reference to our Broken Link Removed?

If not, just kick my a*5e off the thread! :LOL:

Steve :cool:

Why would anyone want both the 2015 and 2016 editions? Does this mean there are fewer 'Britstops' in the 2016 edition than the previous year? :cautious:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Why would anyone want both the 2015 and 2016 editions? Does this mean there are fewer 'Britstops' in the 2016 edition than the previous year? :cautious:
You have to join every year, it's like a membership that needs renewing yearly.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009

Au contraire, mon ami! There will be many more hosts in the 2016 edition (at a rough count around 160 extra, but we anticipate there being more as now's the time we get on the phone and chase up those we've already emailed). The Xmas Bundle was created in response to those Britstoppers who were asking for a way they could buy Brit Stops as a Xmas present for friends.

Steve :)

Fitzwell

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Karmann coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie ish
Au contraire, mon ami! There will be many more hosts in the 2016 edition (at a rough count around 160 extra, but we anticipate there being more as now's the time we get on the phone and chase up those we've already emailed). The Xmas Bundle was created in response to those Britstoppers who were asking for a way they could buy Brit Stops as a Xmas present for friends.

That's going straight in my basket

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
We signed up with BritStops before setting off on our first trip. We have now stayed at 4 of the locations and can only report positive experiences. We did obliged to eat at the pubs which served food but that suited us anyway.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010

Thanks for enlightening me ☺

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I borrowed a book from fellow funster and used a pub near Portsmouth on our way to ferry. It was dead easy, they even had water on tap and black waste disposal. Friendly locals in pub and good value for money meal.
The Brit Stop book is also very well laid out and easy to use. We will be ordering for next year for sure!

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
That's one of the best I have seen!

I am not easily impressed, but I found that a very well put together site.

I don't mind paying for the information collated by the Britstops etc, but I would rather see it in a usable form not some dog-eared paperback that won't open on the right page because you spilled beer on it (c:

(perhaps the owners could speak to get some kind of reciprocal funding arrangement...)

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
First book I turn to whenever we are going on a trip and want to stop off on the way - have stayed at many of them and I would say 95% positive experience. Been motor homeless for almost a year and just about to pick up the new one and immediately bought the 2015 and 16 bundle even though only a few months left on the older one.

Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
We're now in our fourth year, and have only been disappointed once.
It's usually a good idea to phone ahead - just to be sure that they can take you. They will not mind your call at all.
It give you a warm feeling to spend some money at the site, but it is not compulsory and is not a condition of the stay. There are times when we don't feel like eating much, so I buy a bottle of wine or some takeaway beers at the bar, which keeps everyone happy. At a farm shop, we struggle to stop ourselves from spending too much.
The annual sub is quickly recovered by just two stops - and in some places you are welcome to stay more than just the one night.

By the way, in fairness to Britstops, it is usual not to identify sites on the forums - just refer to them by number. There are too many freeloaders around.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
View attachment 59894 View attachment 59895 We stayed here a while ago. The Greyhound in Flempton near Thetford. Very nice stop. Quiet, great beer and food!!!
Phoning before arriving can also be helpful to you as if they are full you can plan another stop:giggle::giggle:
Hi, your van reg is a few letters away from our van ours is mx06fup from spinney motorhomes.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi, your van reg is a few letters away from our van ours is mx06fup from spinney motorhomes.
That's quite a coincidence but we have changed vans now. We bought ours from Marquis East Sussex

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back