Free Member
Aug 1, 2008
Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
I live in Spain in a relationship and I have several kids and grandkids in UK. Recently I have had to be in UK for serious health emergencies for two of my daughters. Those traumas led me to think that I need a base in UK. Looking at property prices there rather deflated that idea until one of my daughters suggested a motorhome. It suddenly made sense. Live in Spain (I like the life), be in England whenever necessary and whenever I feel like it and also be able to visit friends and family in Holland, Belgium, Germany and France at will. I have three dogs, a pointer, a boxer and a little white mixta who might accompany me - definitely always the pointer because he is too strong for my wife. There is really no question here except to invite comments from others who flip from one location to another with a motorhome.

I welcome your observations.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It really is an excellent idea and we are in the same situation with having to travel short notice to help family. works out much cheaper and less stressful than finding hotels and able to take the dogs with us

amongst the bonuses of owning a motorhome, you can also just nip away for a quiet night or two locally as well as longer touring holidays

OP
OP
rafiki

rafiki

Free Member
Aug 1, 2008
Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Thanks gus-lopez. (I recognise the name from another forum). I am not sure how long I will keep the mh outside Spain at the moment. I am well aware of the problems of re-registering such a vehicle in Spain and the rules about a Spanish resident driving a foreign registered car in Spain so it will be a choice of buying a Spanish reg vehicle, or if I buy in UK, having somewhere to keep it there and fly in and out.

OP
OP
rafiki

rafiki

Free Member
Aug 1, 2008
Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
I see from another thread on here that what I have read and heard is not necessarily true. I am following this up on that thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back