LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Not exactly 'fixed' but it took me ages and it was hard work lifting on my own ..... fixed mum's bedroom at the home so that I can sit on the bed and be on the computer when I visit her ...

This is extra useful because I can show her photos now too on the computer and although she doesn't even know who they are she can see her grandaughter and great grandaughter .. and sometimes the alzheimers cannot stop the happiness shining through her eyes.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Well so far we've changed the cambelt along with idler's & tensioner. That's after fabricating the locking bits. Exhaust downpipe is off as well as the flare has to be remade. Dismantled the water pump rearwards today to fit a new joint. I think it must have been designed by a committee of Brunel, Stephenson & Locke . Talk about built to last. The joint was obviously the original & the impellor is as new. Made a new joint but had to track down a 90º 45mm elbow, but the lorry garage always comes up trumps, before I can Stick all this back together . Morning now.

That just leaves a new sump gasket while we've got it all in pieces, some fresh oil & oil & diesel filters & all set to go again. Then it'll be on to the inside.:D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Fixed an old ipad whilst sitting here with mum ... she gone back down again and just a skeleton too weak to eat or drink ... :( Having something to fix helped me get through the day and I will hope to get home early tomorrow morning and write out a plan for 'fixing' house up to sell ... so I can move down south and be near my daughter :) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Fixed an old ipad whilst sitting here with mum ... she gone back down again and just a skeleton too weak to eat or drink ... :( Having something to fix helped me get through the day and I will hope to get home early tomorrow morning and write out a plan for 'fixing' house up to sell ... so I can move down south and be near my daughter :) :)
sending hugs joy xxxx

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
So sorry to here she has relapsed.:( Good luck with the house plan.

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
sorry to hear about your mum, hope things improve for you both xx

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
replaced the diesel filter and some of the rubber fuel lines also fixed the bracket on the HP injector lines
bill

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I gave this a 'like' Joy to express my sympathy rather than liking the content.
Good luck with everything (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Reassembled the water pump & replaced most pipes & clips . Replaced alternator & fitted new belt. Flushed it all out before refilling with anti freeze & distilled water. Run & tested & all appears ok.(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Drained oil, sump off. cleaned old joint of & washed out. surprisingly it had no rubbish of any sort in it & oil pick up , removed & cleaned but really didn't need it. M ade new sump gasket from rubberised cork & re fitted .
Changed filter & refilled with oil. Just the exhaust to reflare & refit & we can start on the inside ! :LOL:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Tried to mow the lawn today and, when I plugged in and switched on the mower, the house tripped out on the electricity supply.

Checked the external socket and found....

1. Burned out contacts

2. One very dead caterpillar across the terminals.

One new socket later all is well.

(Unless you are a caterpillar, of course.)!

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
My Bandsaw, total overhaul and a new 3 tpi blade, cuts like brand new now.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Fixed my wine bottle by opening it!!

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
Modified two liquid take-off multivalves to vapour take-off, going on two new 40L LPG tanks on the Mercedes.

A lot cheaper than buying underslung vapour tanks at 'motorhome' prices.

I did think it was possible, but I contacted Tomasetto-Achille and their UK distributors first to make sure it was do-able and safe.

All of the safety features remain, but there is a solenoid cut-off in addition to the manual cut-off that I would like to use for tank selection.

Peter

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
In the never ending search for storage space in my super camper (Devon Sunrise), I discovered a gap behind the under-seat drawers.
A couple of pieces of masonite, a length of batten, 6 screws and I now have a nice little cubby hole for numerous bits and bobs.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
SHMBO's 20yr old hair dryer....
Took me fekkin ages to work out how it came apart....
But I will not be beaten... If if goes together... It sure comes apart...

Needless to say... All fixed :) "hair n' fluff"...

Built to last :)

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Carried out repairs to stress cracks on acrylic vanity unit, sink and mirror upstand unit in toilet, all as good as new. Carried out full base vehicle service. Hardest part of job was the removal and refitting of the corner vanity unit. Tip best adhesive to use on acrylic plastic repairs is Bondrite S1220 Methyl Methacrylate transparent bonder. Forms exceptional strong bond.
Bob

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
One of my injectors has gone down on the van order for new ones arrive tomorrow.
Might have got away with it but might as well change them all
Bill

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mum broke the lever on the toilet. It jumped a cog. I tried to fix it and broke the sog microswitch in the process. Another funster has fixed it all today for us :)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I gave this a 'like' Joy to express my sympathy rather than liking the content.
Good luck with everything (y)

Just to say like above, my like was in your support. Keep up your good work. Clive

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Carried out repairs to stress cracks on acrylic vanity unit, sink and mirror upstand unit in toilet, all as good as new. Carried out full base vehicle service. Hardest part of job was the removal and refitting of the corner vanity unit. Tip best adhesive to use on acrylic plastic repairs is Bondrite S1220 Methyl Methacrylate transparent bonder. Forms exceptional strong bond.
Bob

Ah, Pollensa - fond memories - a great MH

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Not a fix but a make. New fly curtain for the van, cost all of €2.75!
image.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back