goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I only have the Acsi app on my iPad and have downloaded copilot to see what it is like and wondered if it is possible it to work with copilot
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You can get any POI file to work if you know how. CoPilot needs a .csv file (comma separated) . It needs 3 columns, with header labels in row 1, of Longitude, Latitude and name. Sounds complicated but easy. You will find that Garmin are CSV and others but using an online conversion you can convert almost any POI file to csv. Then open it in Excel or any spreadsheet program to check the column headers or add them if not there. So having now got the file you drop it into the folder within the CoPilot folder on your root directory. I know Android but not Apple, however you should have a folder EU and within that a Save folder drop in there and start CoPilot. It will find them and take you through the options of creating a new POI group. So if you are deciding whether to buy on the basis of adding your own poi's it is easy once you get used to it. I have for example created my own map of sites in Google maps, save out of there as KML and convert to .csv, and then follow above. I have added Archies, MyLPG, Spanish Aires, and other files in a similar way. If you have icons they can be added and associated with your new POI set. If you get it wrong just delete the file in the save folder and the equivalent file created by copilot in user (I think thats the folder). Hope this helps?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
If you have the right file it can, I have a pdf file that explains it.
Try this link for access to the file in Google drive.
Broken Link Removed
I haven't tried it yet but will before we go away for the winter.
Edit
Someone beat me to it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back