Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My ex sister in law gave up cigarettes about 6 years ago.

She is now addicted to that nicotine gum stuff:D

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If vaping is a proven way of stopping smoking, I believe the government should provide them free of charge. Funded by an extra tax on tobacco firms. It's seems only fair they (tobacco firms) should help people quit their addiction

Quite right, back in the 60's/70's it was not unknown for a prescription for cigarettes to be supplied to "calm nerves "
:D

Lets all remember that vaping is probably saving the NHS millions by lessening the odds of cancer. I don't smoke but my thanks to all you vapers out there on behalf of our hospitals. (y)
Unfortunately that only increases people drawing pensions which is not what the government want !:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i get all the noxious chemicals i need free of charge.

i stand behind the local private hire cars and 'past their best' buses when they stop at traffic lights.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
They didn't work for me. They just made me cough.

I think I might have been doing something wrong.:D
Depends what you were using, as some have said, some of the liquids are very harsh (actually these are the ones I prefer). Also the actual device itself can be modified to suit your needs. I use an eleaf istick 30w, which has adjustable power, so you can control the heat in the coil. I also use 1.8ohm coils rather than the standard 2.2.

Deleted User
Illegal no, there are exceptions.

if an establishment (any) forbids their use then you will be asked to refrain or leave...refusing would make it a civil offence and, i guess, you could be prosecuted for trespass.

prosecuted for a "civil offence"?

Hmmmmmmmm

You'll have to explain how that would work because I thought you could only be prosecuted for a criminal offence.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That's a bit of a worry as it will give the naysayers some ammunition to attack ecigs , unfortunately they will use it in their argument despite the fact that wacky backy is available just about everywhere and heres my argument on that , it comes from personal experience.
I was getting concerned about my teenage sons exposure to his friends smoking wacky backy , now my son is very athletic and absolutely hates cigarettes , so I asked him the following , how many of your friends who smoke weed smoke fags? he replied,all of them , I asked how many of them smoked fags before they smoked weed , he replied "about half of them" so I said to him, so if you start smoking weed , you will end up smoking fags , he thought about it and agreed with my observations , hes never smoked:D , the only good thing to come from my smoking is that all of my kids hate fags(y)
never known anyone smoke marijuana on its own....it does not maintain a 'burn' on its own.
it is added to cigarette tobacco to keep it burning.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Illegal no, there are exceptions.

if an establishment (any) forbids their use then you will be asked to refrain or leave...refusing would make it a civil offence and, i guess, you could be prosecuted for trespass.

If I am for instance, in the pub I still go outside with the smokers, as I said before its not just about the nicotine, perhaps that's why it's so effective. I would also say that I would not abuse anyone's right not to inhale vapour. Unless of course they became "Bolshi" it is then no longer about the ecig.(n)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
prosecuted for a "civil offence"?

Hmmmmmmmm

You'll have to explain how that would work because I thought you could only be prosecuted for a criminal offence.
read it again....i said if you refuse to leave the premises you could be prosecuted for TRESPASS....a criminal offence as i recall.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
never known anyone smoke marijuana on its own....it does not maintain a 'burn' on its own.
it is added to cigarette tobacco to keep it burning.
You may be confusing cannabis and cannabis resin

so the strange smelling chap in the local park told me

Deleted User
read it again....i said if you refuse to leave the premises you could be prosecuted for TRESPASS....a criminal offence as i recall.

Not correct, in fact the signs you see that state "trespassers will be prosecuted" are a nonsense.

It's a civil offence that landowners have to take to civil courts themselves.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not correct, in fact the signs you see that state "trespassers will be prosecuted" are a nonsense.

It's a civil offence that landowners have to take to civil courts themselves.
so its ok to vape/smoke on an airliner or train and refuse to refrain and you wont be prosecuted ?

believe me, there will be transport police waiting at your destination.
if its a civil offence why would transport police be involved ?

Deleted User
so its ok to vape/smoke on an airliner or train and refuse to refrain and you wont be prosecuted ?

believe me, there will be transport police waiting at your destination.
if its a civil offence why would transport police be involved ?

Hmmm you seem to be changing your argument now.

I would imagine that there are specific criminal offences linked to aircraft (and possibly railways)

You stated in your original post that if asked to stop vaping in "an establishment" and you refused then you were trespassing and could be prosecuted. (You clearly cannot)

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I've bloody well run out of Caramel Cappucino, so having to suffice with plain caramel until I can up to the shop tomorrow! Thought I had a spare bottle, never mind! :D

I'm on just the plain Cappuccino, perhaps we should meet up and mix a blend of the two.;)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hmmm you seem to be changing your argument now.

I would imagine that there are specific criminal offences linked to aircraft (and possibly railways)

You stated in your original post that if asked to stop vaping in "an establishment" and you refused then you were trespassing and could be prosecuted. (You clearly cannot)

read it again.......

quote: refrain or leave...refusing would make it a civil offence and, i guess, you could be prosecuted for trespass unquote.

refusing to stop would be a civil offence....refusing to leave would be a criminal offence (trespass)

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I've modded slightly so if I don't quite get the hit I want I can just "turn up the volume"........Crikey!! I'm beginning to sound like an English version of "Huggy Bear" :eek:
I will however try your recomendation(y)

Deleted User
read it again.......

quote: refrain or leave...refusing would make it a civil offence and, i guess, you could be prosecuted for trespass unquote.

refusing to stop would be a civil offence....refusing to leave would be a criminal offence (trespass)

Hmmm going round in circles now, so my last post on this thread.

You are failing to understand a basic principle here

Trespass is a civil offence (not a criminal offence)

Thanks for the laugh though (y)

Goodnight

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've smoked a pipe since I was 21 - around 46 years. A month ago I switched to vaping and now don't miss the pipe. I've found that I don't get the immediate hit I got with the pipe but also don't get the lows that made me desperate for a puff. In all a very positive experience. I am a nicotine addict and am using 3.5 percent liquid. The two GPs I've had over the period have both said that if I must smoke a pipe is the healthy option compared with cigarettes - not much chance of lung disease & a very low risk of mouth cancer. Nevertheless I'm happier with vaping - less coughing and better tasting food. I don't do it where I feel there's a risk of offending anyone but disagree vehemently with Buttons views. I'm just starting to experiment with mixing my own.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I started on ecigs about two years ago , I walked into a marketing company's office to fix their air con and they were working on a plan for a product called elights, I enquired and joked about any freebies so they gave me some plastic ecigs and some rechargeable cartridge ones , I try ed the cigarette flavoured ones and did not like them , one Saturday morning I tried the mint flavoured one as went the whole day with no effort ,it was very easy so easy that I was stunned by it,that led to experimentation and various early type ecigs, during the dark days of divorce i went back to the fags ,but I keep persevering with the ecigs, thsee days I have a fancy set up with a temperature controlled ,0.3 ohm coil variable voltage gadget , don't quit quiting

To guys like Chris who found that the ecigs made them cough, I suggest just trying it for a day,keep at it and the cough will dissappear ,every thing smells so much better,places that stunk with smoking cigarettes don't ,your clothes don't , and you can kiss your wife without her telling you to go brush your teeth, and then there's the health benefits ,all the arguments as side from people who have never made the change over and have never experienced the difference, you don't half feel a lot better

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
I use them and have had great success, I have a 4 year old daughter though and I never use it in front of her, thats the only thing that does worry me about them being used in public more and more is my daughter asking about them, and possibly thinking its an acceptable thing to do, the usual "why can you and everyone else suck on that but I cant" I suppose the same could be said about a lot of habits, especially the socially accepted drug taking which is alcohol consumption!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Can you lot stop mentioning caramel, mint and cappuccino flavours. Making me feel hungry.
I stopped 13 years ago, just stopped and never wanted one since. However, I love the smell of sweet smelling pipe tobacco, also cigars. Best of all is cannabis, never smoked it but love the smell.
Some young lads nearby have a puff and I wander over for the passive smoke.
SWMBO is on ecigs, (1 in a 1000 puffs, rest are cigarettes) currently Blueberry, smells ok but she ain't allowed in MH with ecigs! Why? because.....................

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
I started on ecigs about two years ago , I walked into a marketing company's office to fix their air con and they were working on a plan for a product called elights, I enquired and joked about any freebies so they gave me some plastic ecigs and some rechargeable cartridge ones , I try ed the cigarette flavoured ones and did not like them , one Saturday morning I tried the mint flavoured one as went the whole day with no effort ,it was very easy so easy that I was stunned by it,that led to experimentation and various early type ecigs, during the dark days of divorce i went back to the fags ,but I keep persevering with the ecigs, thsee days I have a fancy set up with a temperature controlled ,0.3 ohm coil variable voltage gadget , don't quit quiting

To guys like Chris who found that the ecigs made them cough, I suggest just trying it for a day,keep at it and the cough will dissappear ,every thing smells so much better,places that stunk with smoking cigarettes don't ,your clothes don't , and you can kiss your wife without her telling you to go brush your teeth, and then there's the health benefits ,all the arguments as side from people who have never made the change over and have never experienced the difference, you don't half feel a lot better

(y) When I started on Ecigs Vapourizer I was using cheap ones off the market £10.00 ish, but soon found out that they leaked after a short while, and sometimes I was getting the juice in my mouth :sick:, and generally a pain to get on with and very nearly went back on the fags.

I have now settled on the one in the link below, no more leaks, no more juice in my mouth :D, adjustable to suit my needs and the juice I am using.

Broken Link Removed

So in my opinion if you are tempted to try an Ecig Vapourizer then spend a bit more on a 'good one' to give you the best chance of staying off the dreaded weed.

:D(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back