What are you up to this weekend? (3 Viewers)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We were going to go away in the van but I have been feeling pretty rough lately so having a weekend at home, so that my wife's little soldier can get better(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Currently settled in Hargill CC.. Scotch Corner.. (Arrived at 7ish)... First leg of a week or so over the border..
That'll be heading north as opposed to sth....
Veggie chilli eaten... All washed up... SHMBO got her face in a glossy... I'm browsing fun :)

And no!.. I'm not a veg as a rule...

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
We've not been able to go away this weekend because Di is singing with The Rock Choir in Falmouth today as part of the entertainment for the Falmouth Oyster Festival
Stef.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We'll I have booked a sight test at Specsavers. After this weekend of F1/ rugby/ football I'll have square eyes :LOL::LOL:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Chucking out more paperwork in preparation for putting the house on the market.
I've got rid of most of my work stuff & I'm now onto all my qualification study materials, essays etc. It's really hard to throw them out - I keep stopping & reading them & thinking "I used to know that!" I now have to acknowledge that [1] I don't remember most of it [2] what I do remember is out of date and [3] since I'm no longer working, it's of no value whatsoever! How I do envy those of you whose work skills are useful outside of work.
Fortunately there's a lot of rugby on TV to provide welcome distractions (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yesterday a swim in the sea, lazing in sunshine, bike ride up very steep hills to 1003 ft, Dinner at a Taverna.
Today sitting in the van riding out the storms & gale force winds.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
After three months (aint we lucky?) touring Spain, we are home to face the clean-up; Washing clothes, emptying the van and dealing with the minor glitches that have arisen during our trip. Just about the worst 'glitch' is where the decal has curled up, cracked and gone black from diesel drips when filling up.
Alan

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Still full of cold despite several hot toddies yesterday
Been to Costco to spread my germs
image.jpeg

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Chucking out more paperwork in preparation for putting the house on the market.
I've got rid of most of my work stuff & I'm now onto all my qualification study materials, essays etc. It's really hard to throw them out - I keep stopping & reading them & thinking "I used to know that!" I now have to acknowledge that [1] I don't remember most of it [2] what I do remember is out of date and [3] since I'm no longer working, it's of no value whatsoever! How I do envy those of you whose work skills are useful outside of work.
Fortunately there's a lot of rugby on TV to provide welcome distractions (y)
Done likewise.

Sold four weeks ago and, while waiting for formalities, surveys and searches etc, we have "de cluttered".

Having lived here for almost thirty years there was an incredible amount of stuff, including work time memorabilia and certificates etc.

Three trips to the Council recycling centre later, (final one this morning), and the joists in our attic are groaning in relief!

If the chain etc fails we have still done the mother of all spring cleans this Autumn.:)

Reactions: CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Done likewise.

Sold four weeks ago and, while waiting for formalities, surveys and searches etc, we have "de cluttered".

Having lived here for almost thirty years there was an incredible amount of stuff, including work time memorabilia and certificates etc.

Three trips to the Council recycling centre later, (final one this morning), and the joists in our attic are groaning in relief!

If the chain etc fails we have still done the mother of all spring cleans this Autumn.:)
Congratulations on the sale (y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Congratulations on the sale (y)
Oh my God!

I hope that wasn't the kiss of death!

I now understand why moving home is so stressful. You have no control over what happens up and down the chain.

Good luck with your move.:)

Reactions: CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Oh my God!
I hope that wasn't the kiss of death!
I now understand why moving home is so stressful. You have no control over what happens up and down the chain.
Good luck with your move.:)
Thanks.
I'm sure your move will go well - you'd know if there were any problems with your house (y)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
What to do this weekend? The forecast isn't great. There's a motorcaravan section rally in Ramsgate, do we go there? Do we go off on our own somewhere? Do we stay at home and do stuff? Hmmm

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
What to do this weekend? The forecast isn't great. There's a motorcaravan section rally in Ramsgate, do we go there? Do we go off on our own somewhere? Do we stay at home and do stuff? Hmmm
Beautiful and Sunny this morning down here this morning. The sun is burning my arm through the window. Cooler outside but does it matter when its sunny. Get booking whether with others or on your own. You know you want to

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004

Haven't actually seen the forecast for next weekend but as long as it's not raining we'll probably be heading to the Ramsgate rally, although final decision won't be made until probably Wednesday or Thursday.

Denise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back