• Do you need a house sitter? Are you a house sitter? Use this forum to hook up with each other and arrange house-sitting and pet care etc.  MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the house sit and only provides this forum as a way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual.  You are advised to use a formal agreement an example of which can be found here

HOUSE OWNERS
    Tell us roughly where you are, the dates you require, what you are looking for, if you accept pets, largest motorhome you could accommodate etc.

SITTERS
    Tell us about you, your van, any pets, any house sitting experience, where you would travel to etc

House Sitter Reqd Motorhome swap Australia (1 Viewer)

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Newbie to U.K. Extensive in Oz.
Hello, we are planning to be back in U.K.for about 3 months next year. If anyone would like to swap their motor home for a period between March,April,May,or July. We are hoping for a 60 to 90 day swap. We would also like a time when we can go to Motor home Fun gatherings or motor home shows.

I have a brand new 4 bedroom house on 1 acre ( being built right now ) in a Koala corridor that you can use as a home base whilst touring Australia in my Bailey 745 se. We were going to hire a motor home but decided to hoist this idea up the flagpole and see what response we got.

The home is in Lowood Queensland which is 5 minutes from the shops, 40 minutes from Brisbane, 60 minutes from the Gold and the North Coast.

:)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Absolutely great ideal, if we were free we'd bite your hand off. Unfortunately we can't go but I wish you luck.
I've heard of house sitting before but not with a Moho.
Hope to see you in a field somewhere.

OP
OP
The wizened of OZ

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Hello again, Thanks for your replies and I will be in touch with you shortly. Unfortunately I have found out that I can only drive a motor home with a weight of 3500KG. In Oz I can drive up to 4500kg but this does not apply to the U.K.

May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
Oh, if only you lived in (say it quietly) New Zealand, we could visit our daughter. Best of luck in your quest!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pmw

Free Member
Sep 25, 2015
N Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
33 years
Hi I've only joined this site an hour ago. It has great information on it. I have seen another site were people swap motorhomes when visiting each others countries. I'll have a look on google for it and post the website on here. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by doing that...

OP
OP
The wizened of OZ

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
We have hired a motorhome for our trip to the UK. We will be mothballing our motorhome for the duration of the trip ( April till early June) We will keep watching this thread as we may plan another trip later on.
Thank you all for your interest.:)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
I would have jumped at this but just had to cancel our Spanish winter trip as MIL bit frail and couldn't enjoy being away. :cry:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Can you get insurance for someone from Australia to drive your motorhome , we do house swops and find it difficult to get insurance for the car in the UK for drivers outside the EU , we have now found a company who will allow us to include them as named drivers but at a premium

Ian Kelly

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Pershore
Funster No
MH
Ace Airstream2008
Hello there,
Seems a very good idea, we plan to visit next year and at this end we have a house in worcestershire or a small apartment. Our MH is an ace airstream 680 FB and would be available.

Feel free to get in touch by email: ifk234@gmail.com

Kind regards
Ian Kelly

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hello there,
Seems a very good idea, we plan to visit next year and at this end we have a house in worcestershire or a small apartment. Our MH is an ace airstream 680 FB and would be available.

Feel free to get in touch by email: ifk234@gmail.com

Kind regards
Ian Kelly

NOTE...
Always check the post date (y) Was 2015 !!!!!!!! ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back