What's the Most important item in your van that you just could not do with out on your travels (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We need Everything that's in here at the moment. We have just re packed everything as it's been away being repaired. I was going to be very strict when re packing but put everything back in. We changed from a caravan a few months ago and realised we had so much stuff in it that we didn't realise we had and hadn't seen the light of day for ages - didn't put into new MH so are still using basics, give me a few more months and it will have changed.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

muddywellies

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Varies in Europe
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy under 6m.
Exp
A MH virgin - but not for long!! ;-)
Joking aside. The extra horses! In the engine that is.... At 150, it's only 20 horses compared with many, but the difference means it pulls like a train! I can climb in fifth no worries and not even bother changing on motorways. Being LHD I switched everything to kms in the dash. 2000 rpm and 80kph. Every 250 rpm is an extra 10 kph (if I want it). It means I can get passed things climbing a mountain (Mt Ventoux) still using the air con!! Comfort.

The ready-made flop box across the back comes a close second.

Solar electric comes third. Pays for itself in a year. When you think I have not needed electric hook up EVER!

I wouldn't buy a van without these essential items - for me at least

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
SWMBO, she carries the keys, the credit card, and all tickets, if anything goes missing it's her fault !!, also when moving the van around, I follow her instructions, so if I bang the van, it's her fault ...win win !!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
A lead for the dog! Used belt as a temporary lead and held up trousers by hand. Now spare lead in MH.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well Thankyou so much for all your reply's must admit i had opened a bottle of wine whilst i read through this thread. I quite enjoyed the read as well as the wine lol I thought i would get some ideas from your posts what to get rid of :(
Im still the non wiser of what needs to be took out of the van and what should stay.
Bill seems to think making a list of what is in the van and posting it on here would help ;) i may be shamed into just admitting im over the top with what i do insist on carrying lol. Will let you know how i get on but it may take some time its going to be like one of those television programmes about obbsesive compulsive horders , yep may need a skip or another meet like Wrenbury lol .Now thats a thought how about a declutter meet ;)
Kate x

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
For me its got to be my Mifi so I can get online. :)

Reactions: Pia
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
My wife doesn't carry money. She thinks it appears magically from strange holes in the wall whenever I put my card in.

other way round for me, she goes to hole in wall, and!(y) I get Money(y)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I have this magical being; A MACNAV!
It navigates, cooks, gives cuddles, sometimes can be supportive, sometimes scathing, AND can actually, you will never believe this funsters, act as a reversing camera. Just like magic she gets out from the cab, moves to the rear of the vehicle and thro some weird and unfathomable gestures, flapping of hands and grimaces, eventually gets me into where We want to go!

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I have this magical being; A MACNAV!
It navigates, cooks, gives cuddles, sometimes can be supportive, sometimes scathing, AND can actually, you will never believe this funsters, act as a reversing camera. Just like magic she gets out from the cab, moves to the rear of the vehicle and thro some weird and unfathomable gestures, flapping of hands and grimaces, eventually gets me into where We want to go!

lol @rangitira ,Bill also has one of these he carries around with him. Bill said the only downside is its very expensive to keep ;)

Well it looks like i have no choice now i will deffo have to de clutter as our new to us motorhome to be will not have a big boot :( so thank you all for your comments will be reading them all again to see what else i can do without :)
Kind regards Kate x

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Gaffa / Duck tape of course.....

Reactions: Sue
OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Gaffa / Duck tape of course.....
Definitely duck tape :)
As our first season of getting out in van this year approaches I have the task in hand of filling the new to us van of items we shall be needing :) Many of you know us and know the size of our garage we had before so you know it's going to be a bit of a squeese ;) thanks for all your posts x
Kind regards Kate x

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Bottle/Can opener
Toilet paper
Duck tape
Cable ties
Christ, are the toilet paper, duck tape and cable ties required after drinking whatever is opened with the first on the list?

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
Like all the replys, but would rather have maps over sat nav don't like to much electrikity stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back