Long term stay near Weston Super Mare (1 Viewer)

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
We are new to motorhomes!
Hi all, I am not sure if this is the correct forum but I am looking for some help finding a reasonably priced location to stay on for an extended period (3 -4 months?) near to Weston.
We have sold our house and are looking for one in the Weston area but it's not happening as fast as we hoped. We will be out of house and home in mid November and one fallback would be to live in our MH for a while.
The site that we have been staying on is £22 per night but it's incredibly convenient for the odd few nights being 300m from my daughters house!
A static 'van might be a solution too.
Any help/suggestions/knowledge welcome
John

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi John
I'm not much help I'm afraid but it might be also worth looking at Burnham On Sea or Brean, they are well populated with sites and static caravan sites which would only be a short drive from Weston Super Mare, I'm not sure how many stay open past the end of October but might well be worth using Google and having a search
Good luck
Dave

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I guess there's no room for you to park up on your daughter's driveway? It would be perfectly legal as long as you are using it along with the house - in other words, you should also use the house for SOMEthing - bath/shower, cooking, watching TV etc would all work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have you tried searchforsites.com maybe something .there is a cl site or two about or maybe a flat ? Depends what your requirements are

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
try Weston super mare afc football club its a mcc cl but they never asked for membership cards when we stayed there. I know they cater for longer term stayers 10 pounds per night with electric.
Also the rugby club has a cl of 20 pitches not sure of the nightly fee.
Jeff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
oaktree11

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
We are new to motorhomes!
Thanks for all the replies. Daughter's house is just not possible but a good idea. We are going down for 3 days tomorrow to view properties and try to get some options.
Just out of interest for those of you who frequent this are, my daughter lives in Links Rd, Uphill which is the quieter extension to W-S-M. Her house is about 500m from the sea and the site we use is lovely, it's Uphill Boat Yard and has several hard standing pitches around an inland lake.
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back