Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I was on site a couple of months ago where I heard the owner of a Chausson brand MH tell his spouse he had spotted another Chausson on site and was going over to have a chat. That's great, very friendly but does beg the question.....Are some Motorhome owners brand fixated and perhaps look down on lesser models.

I do understand there are vast differences in quality and layouts between brands, when I was looking for a MH I viewed a dealership on the South Coast where you get to look round the vehicle without supervision, most are as they arrived from previous owners or auctions, dirty with bits falling off, even some of the newer models! I guess Chausson must be one of the better brands.

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
So the age is not important it's what is written on the side that counts :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
No it's what's in them and how well it's put together it's usually the same old story you get what you pay for although there are some really nice ones out there that their owners have improved enormously.
We buy what we like and what layout etc suits us could be any brand as long as it's good quality.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
No it's what's in them and how well it's put together it's usually the same old story you get what you pay for although there are some really nice ones out there that their owners have improved enormously.
We buy what we like and what layout etc suits us could be any brand as long as it's good quality.
Exactly, and we all know that the one that we ultimately bought is the best, just in case some people haven't spotted it, I am of course joking! :D

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We have had a Chausson good MH, and two Bessie's both good MH's it's just what fits at the time. Pete

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Maybe they were looking out for another Chausson because they had some manufacturer specific queries. I look out for other La Strada PVCs as I have a couple of questions that that would be answered more effectively "in the flesh" rather than online.

We are also aware that ownership of the same model / manufacturer is no indication of how well you'll get on. We've had our camper van for nearly 10 years and have been blanked nearly as often as we've been welcomed when initiating conversations about them.

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
We have a SeA (well for another week anyway) and have yet to see another!

No problems with it - its been great - only changing for different layout.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I was on site a couple of months ago where I heard the owner of a Chausson brand MH tell his spouse he had spotted another Chausson on site and was going over to have a chat. That's great, very friendly but does beg the question.....Are some Motorhome owners brand fixated and perhaps look down on lesser models.

I do understand there are vast differences in quality and layouts between brands, when I was looking for a MH I viewed a dealership on the South Coast where you get to look round the vehicle without supervision, most are as they arrived from previous owners or auctions, dirty with bits falling off, even some of the newer models! I guess Chausson must be one of the better brands.

a simple explanation (with pictures:))

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Often find other Hymer owners are more inclined to have a chat with us, had one last week came up to us just as we were about to drive off, 2 hours later we got away. A couple of years ago in the Caen Museum car park during D Day week group of Italians having cheese & wine we we invited to join there was a Brit Hymer owner they cooked us dinner in their van.
When I have tried to have a conversation with AT or Swift owners they are not interested, as much as they can do to grunt hello, must recognise us Hymerites as superior beings.:)

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Hymerites.....like it!! maybe a new thread here, Swifties; Hobbiests; Autotrailers etc.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Often find other Hymer owners are more inclined to have a chat with us, had one last week came up to us just as we were about to drive off, 2 hours later we got away. A couple of years ago in the Caen Museum car park during D Day week group of Italians having cheese & wine we we invited to join there was a Brit Hymer owner they cooked us dinner in their van.
When I have tried to have a conversation with AT or Swift owners they are not interested, as much as they can do to grunt hello, must recognise us Hymerites as superior beings.:)

Oh please AT Swift, why would you talk to plebs when you own a Hymer.
You own a Hymer which means you have good taste and an eye for quality don't lower your standards now Please.

Only joking Only joking don't start.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back