GPS tracking pedals (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have just backed the developers of some GPS tracking bicyle pedals, these may be of interest to any high value bike/e bike owners.
They are not cheap but if you read through the description you will see that they are more than just GPS trackers, they notify you if your bike is moved along with other functions.
The project is due to begin shipping in December & is being produced by a French team of developers. You can ask questions about the product on there website ( they do reply usually in 48hrs)
I have no affiliation with the company or any of it's members, also the link provided is NOT a referral link just to clarify.

Mike

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Good idea but there's loads of different pedal preferences. Time/Crank Bros/Shimano etc. Would need to be available to all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
IMV it would be much better to have something that goes inside the tubing on a bike, so that it's not obviously fitted and thereby not easy to find to remove, it would also be protected from the weather, damage etc.

Its quite easy to scrub the pedals of your bike on the kerb etc and I suspect these wouldn't be as strong as a standard pedal. I also wouldn't trust the surface either as it looks like it could be slippery and the last thing you want is for your foot to slip off a pedal, especially when you're not sat on the seat ... been there, done that ... got the bruises and cuts!!! Also the surface appears to be only on one side of the pedal which again would be a nuisance.

The idea of having some extra security for a bike is great but I don't think that this has really been thought through for how it will work in reality. It also won't prevent bike theft, only make it possible that you MIGHT be able to get it back but can you honestly tell me that the Police etc are going to go with you to get it back from where you 'suspect' it is being hidden ... I don't think they'd do that if you had one of these afterfit systems on a motorhome so for a bike ... fat chance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back