• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

1999 Autocruise Valentine 1.9TD 4-berth 70000 miles (1 Viewer)

acousticbill

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
After a wonderful two-month summer road trip around Europe, three years in the planning, with our two teenage kids in tow (not literally - they did actually travel, and sleep, in the van with us!), we are sadly ready to bid a fond farewell to Monty.

We bought him in November last year, enjoyed a couple of very successful trial runs in the Lakes and Devon, before setting off from Dover for the main event at the beginning of July. Over 4000 miles later, during which we scaled the Pyrenees and the Alps, and visited some fantastic places in France, Italy, Spain and Northern Europe, Monty safely delivered us back home on a dreary bank holiday weekend at the end of August (this is England, after all), barely having broken sweat.

As a (woefully insufficient) thank you to Monty we've had him professionally cleaned inside and out, with the tanks drained, effectively returning him to the pristine state he was in when we first clapped eyes on him on the forecourt of our local dealer Ventura Caravans in Hitchin, and knew within 2 minutes that he was the 'van' for the job.

Info you need to know: 1.9TD Diesel, Born in 1999, Power Steering, End Kitchen, Double Glazing, Fiamma 45s awning, Fridge, Oven, Hob (4 burners), Grill, Cassette Toilet/Shower, Mains electric, battery charger, Heater, Water heater, blinds, fly screens, Heki rooflight, stowaway table, Luton overcab. Approx length 5.13m, approx Width 2.1m

All of these are fully functioning and proved invaluable during our trip (we didn't need the heating, mind!). The buyer is also welcome to help themselves to the crockery/pans/ cutlery/motorhome books and mags etc etc and a fantastic and rather unique feature of removable shelves in the overhead cupboards courtesy of my DIY expert dad!

The bodywork looks great for its age - one slight blemish to tell you about, not on the bodywork but on the grey plastic skirting round the bottom - we scraped a concrete flower pot cleverly disguised as an overgrown shrub on our very first night in France, resulting in a crack in the plastic and a couple of scrape marks - purely cosmetic thankfully.

Please feel free to ask any questions. We have all relevant documentation and manuals along with an up-to-date service history going back years - the previous owners spent well over £3000 on it. We look forward to hearing from you.

OP
OP
acousticbill

acousticbill

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi Calion - I thought I had uploaded some! Where did I go wrong?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
acousticbill

acousticbill

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi folks - I'm a bit confused here - I added a whole load of photos ("upload a file") but they seem to have disappeared. Then I added another one and that promptly disappeared too .... where am I going wrong? o_O

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Not sure, but I can't see any!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can't see any sign of a price either(n)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Confirmed.. No pics..
PLUS... Be aware there is a size limit plus can only post a certain number.
Maybe they did not post due to size.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I believe that non-members cannot post pictures ... also the number of posts permitted for them is 5 ... acousticbill you only have 1 post left unless you sign up.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I can't see the photo's OR the price?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I would imagine by now it's sold since it was originally posted in October 2015.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back