Advice on best maps Portugal,Aires (1 Viewer)

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
Heading off to Portugal in April in our Truck, what would be the best maps for Portugal aires, and the best map for western Spain, Portugal.
Regards

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
@vwalan will be along shortly to advise (y) I've forgotten the name of the ones he recommends but I think it's something to do with their main petroleum supplier.

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
The best map book is Mapamax espana & Portugal. got mine via Amazon. This is the one which you can buy in petrol stations

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes thats the one . used to be cepsa mapamax but they have dropped the cepsa . shame as you always knew where the garage was if inland and in the wilds .
i,m told repsol did one the same but have never seen it,
but its a better map than michelin and shows the little bays and coves others dont tell you .doesnt show airres but are they important . i hardly use them usually very crowded.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Vicarious sell an "All the Aires Portugal and Spain". Believe it's just been updated, got a copy on back order.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
The best map book is Mapamax espana & Portugal. got mine via Amazon. This is the one which you can buy in petrol stations
Vicarious sell an "All the Aires Portugal and Spain". Believe it's just been updated, got a copy on back order.
Just bought both of these and there are very good indeed. (y)

Deleted User
Bought a mapamax a few weeks ago and to be honest there are secondary roads shown on the michelin map,which is the same scale, which are not shown on the mapamax. It does name every tiny beach though and the larger pages make it easier to use en route for planning than the michelin.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Ours has just arrived it's very good and even more Aires in it this time and bonus of camp sites as well

OP
OP
nomadtim

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
Thanks to all
Will check them out via Amazon not going till June but like to be prepared.
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back