Electrical fault...The experts are struggling to fix (1 Viewer)

mf51y

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
hereford
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Hi
I have a 2.3 2007/8 fiat ducato-Burstner which has in my opinion a wiring loom fault. On two separate occasions the orange engine management light has come on along with the air con failing. It's been in once where a loom fault behind the nearside headlight was repaired however the fault has returned and blown the fuse which powers the odb2 port, air con and air flow meter. The experts are struggling to fix it...all still under warranty as we've only had it a month.
Anyone had a similar problem I can guide the experts to !!

Cheers

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
If still under warranty it prob needs a new loom engine harness not repaired

OP
OP
M

mf51y

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
hereford
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
That's the opinion I came to, I presume the harness comes through the bulkhead somewhere where it's being damaged but a massive job I imagine. We had plans this month which are now on hold...feel well annoyed. After only a few weeks of ownership we feel it's been a bad buy...The problem has been there a while I suspect just getting worse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mf51y

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
hereford
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
New engine loom being fitted under warranty..fair play they have offered excellent after sales service...fingers crossed all sorted!!!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it really isnt a massive job these days to change an engine bay loom. each section is attached with multi connectors and can simply be unplugged and swapped out. the issue is likely a bad connection anyway so replacing the loom is a quick fix. if it wasnt under warranty, checking and cleaning all connections is time consuming and expensive

OP
OP
M

mf51y

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
hereford
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
The Fiat price for the loom is about £650, iam getting them to show me what they have replaced when I pick it up out of interest...The loom must have been chafing to earth somewhere to cause the fuses to go so easy to see on the loom when it's out. Under warranty so grateful iam not footing the bill.

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The Fiat price for the loom is about £650, iam getting them to show me what they have replaced when I pick it up out of interest...The loom must have been chafing to earth somewhere to cause the fuses to go so easy to see on the loom when it's out. Under warranty so grateful iam not footing the bill.

Did you get to see the loom?

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Have you considered contacting the previous owners to see if it was a fault that they had ?
might have been the reason for them trading it in?

OP
OP
M

mf51y

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
hereford
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
New engine loom fitted so touch wood problem solved...just a waiting game need to do a few more trips before winter!! I didn't get to see the loom thought about previous owners but I doubt they would say anything ha ha.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back