Rally Chat Shell Island September (1 Viewer)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
image.jpg

@Dawn B is already on the cider!

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Billiant afternoon catching up with Funster friends . Finished the evening of by us singing happy Bithday to Pauline around a lovely campfire . Sorry couldn't stay to long as Bill needed his bed and hot toddy x looking forward to seeing the dolphins in the morning :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Billiant afternoon catching up with Funster friends . Finished the evening of by us singing happy Bithday to Pauline around a lovely campfire . Sorry couldn't stay to long as Bill needed his bed and hot toddy x looking forward to seeing the dolphins in the morning :)
Could you ask the Dolphins if they will hang around for a bit as I'm not sure I'll make first thing, opened the raspberry gin I bought at Chester food and drink festival, do you know what Binky, it's all gone!! Tell Algy and Biffo we're going in..... See you after this damned war!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Had another good day just kicking back and relaxing, a walk no matter which way you go the views are nice, Joy Eddie and I managed y spot the Dolphins again, We are amazed at what the tenters leave behind between us up to now we have found a Fire Pit, 2 sets on tables and benches and a camp kitchen, all been put to good use

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
we have found a Fire Pit, 2 sets on tables and benches and a camp kitchen, all been put to good use

When you say "Found" Carol, do you mean found outside of the tent before the occupants wake up? :Smile: ::bigsmile::rofl: :RollEyes: :wink:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Gales blowing this morning and dificult to se the dolphins because of the choppy water ... grey skies up there ....... sunshine in my heart.... just love it here and for once you feel that Nature is in charge and not mankind. Brilliant... Up early despite that rowdy lot outside my van last night with their big bonfire :) ... only kidding .. it was lovely to see all the Funsters again .... and so nice to share Pauline's @quickweh birthday with her.... Looking forward to what the day will bring.

(Oh and nice game of Rummicub with Dawn, Lisa and Merv yesterday :) )

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Sounds like fun .hope the get together goes well for you all .
Maybe next year ...:)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Could you ask the Dolphins if they will hang around for a bit as I'm not sure I'll make first thing, opened the raspberry gin I bought at Chester food and drink festival, do you know what Binky, it's all gone!! Tell Algy and Biffo we're going in..... See you after this damned war!!
Simon no dolphins this morning :( rasberry gin sounded nice pitty it's all gone ;) will be sending Amanda to spoil your beauty sleep in a bit lol x

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
It's the first time that I managed to get up early enough to see the Dolphins, but there weren't any :(, I'll try tomorrow....
Lovely to gather around the fire pit last night.

This really is a place to chill out, walk, see great views and never have to turn the telly on. I'm loving it!! Just wish the weather would be a little kinder, then it would be heaven :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What a place,just like wild camping but safe. Love it. Sun shines and weather continues to improve.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Happy belated Anniversary wishes for yesterday Eric & Sue had no internet plus I was enticed by some of the Funster gang To enjoy a tot or two of toffe vodka and other similar drinks :) see you Sunday xxx Kate

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Had another good day just kicking back and relaxing, a walk no matter which way you go the views are nice, Joy Eddie and I managed y spot the Dolphins again, We are amazed at what the tenters leave behind between us up to now we have found a Fire Pit, 2 sets on tables and benches and a camp kitchen, all been put to good use
When we on the island 5 weeks ago after a couple of bad days a family drove away and left a brand new tent and all gear to go with about £500 quids worth
A family on next pitch packed it all up and took it home
Apparently it happens all time especially after bad weather

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
When we on the island 5 weeks ago after a couple of bad days a family drove away and left a brand new tent and all gear to go with about £500 quids worth
A family on next pitch packed it all up and took it home
Apparently it happens all time especially after bad weather

I wonder if they had just gone out for the day?

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I wonder if they had just gone out for the day?
If they had I bet they got surprise when they came back :rolleyes:
To be serious they just got of bed put clothes in car and drove off after a big argument never to be seen again the guy who took it left it 2 days before taking it

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Happy belated Anniversary wishes for yesterday Eric & Sue had no internet plus I was enticed by some of the Funster gang To enjoy a tot or two of toffe vodka and other similar drinks :) see you Sunday xxx Kate

Thankyou Kate for the anniversary wishes, we are in the midst now of packing the van and will see you all tomorrow , hope Bill is feeling better x
Sue x

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Morning from a very quiet shell island . Such a difference from the storm we had during the night before it's so peaceful :) there are 27 vans here on my last count :) Bill wasn't to well again last night so we didn't venture to the camp fire at Jan & Mikes van last night :( but it sounded like fun was being had. It went quite damp after sunset so we thought it best we stayed in . He has been caughing most of the night but settled now i can't get back to sleep :( Amanda is playing on her iPad so I'm on Fun . We had the most beautiful sunset which we watched from the van . Took a few pics but my internet to slow :( for me to post . We have been told it's going to be warm today so hopefully we shall be having a paddle :) Oh forgot to mention we saw the Dolphins yesterday and attempted to fly the kites . Have Fun out there we Intend to :)
Kate x
Broken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Just had a catch up on @movan joys alb. great stuff.
And great to see the meet ,sorry get together:) is going well a very happy birthday / annversaries (?) to all .hope bill recovers soon .
Wish i could have made the trip , maybe next year(y)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Have just returned home from the get to gether on shell island a fantastic meet .we had a wonderful time with all the lovely
funsters there. too many to mention
what nice people they are hospitable. kind .
helpful . Friendly .Thank you one and all.
carry on camping wish we were still with
you .jan & mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back