Just to show that 'You can in a van' ............ (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
The three phases of making bread in an Omnia.......

1/ the dough which has previously risen and been knocked down and shaped into rolls

IMG_2488.jpg

2/ the dough after 30 mins proving.....

IMG_2489.jpg

3/ the finished product after 20 mins of baking (y)

IMG_2490.jpg

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
That looks like it was a good purchase.

I have one of these..

Broken Link Removed

It folds flat when not in use and, when assembled sits on the gas hob. I got it from Australian Amazon and paid ÂŁ20 for it and then had to pay ÂŁ30 to have it delivered! Still worth it though. I made this in it! (although, I had to make it in two goes!)

View attachment 71629
MMMM.... making my mouth water now........ cake looks good too...:LOL:

juleshe

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
@juleshe Well? How did it go? :)
Regrettably not bought yet. Saw it on Amazon, put it in the basket, went to buy a couple of days later and it had increased in price by several pounds. Being "careful" decided to wait and see if it came down. Still waiting.

Expect I will just go ahead as we are away soon and keen to give it a go. Will post results!

Jules

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
I think it looks good, but is it good for savoury things like cooking chicken, warming pies, lasagne etc @chockswahay ? We don't have an oven and manage fine without it usually. Also not likely to do baking in the van atm but can see a time when this could be useful if away for long periods and particularly if remote.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@tuftywufty yes it is fantastic for cooking stuff like that. We cook a lot of chicken (sticky chicken thighs) and baked fish in ours. Also great for re-heating any bread product or cooking 'par-baked' bread ! (if you have to hehe)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back