Hello from Maidstone where the queue for the tunnel ends... (1 Viewer)

Algarve steve

Free Member
Sep 3, 2015
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we are very newbies to what i hope will be an enjoyable experience, we have returned to the UK after having lived for over ten years in the Algarve so if anybody wants to know anything then i am your man. The Algarve has changed a lot since we first moved there for the worse i am afraid to say mainly due to silly laws and regs but the big one is the GNR. Thats enough of that we have very nearly finished our Boxer conversion we did not have the funds for a motor home (Algarve !) but thats another story so hence the conversion.The van is a 2.5 non-turbo year 2000 my question is that leaving parked over night it starts no problem but if you drive straight away it cuts out after approximately 2/3 minutes if how ever after the first start you let it idle for 5 minutes and then drive of its fine,this morning before starting i thought i would see if there was any water in the fuel filter but hey presto no water and no fuel ! So i presume the fuel is draing back into the tank over night has any body come across this problem at all. Sorry to ramble on and on.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
This sounds like you have a tiny air leak in the fuel system which is letting the fuel return to the tank. Idling the engine uses a small amount of fuel left in the line after the leak area until the fuel is drawn back up.
Not easy to find without a vacuum tester but if you can close the ends of the line and introduce a vacuum, spray each joint in turn with wd40 or similar till the vacuum stabilises to find the problem area.

Reactions: kip

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun

Mel