Rally [Sep 8, 2016] Twin Lakes, France Meet 2016 (17130 Souméras) (1 Viewer)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
It’s time to unleash our 2016 Twin Lakes, France meet. (www.twinlakesfrance.com) between Thursday 8th September and Monday 26th September 2016. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. As it is a Meet and not a Rally you are invited to join us at any point during the three week period and enjoy the reduced rate for a pitch. During the 2015 meet some stayed the full time, some a few days and some arranged with friends who were travelling North / South to meet up for a few day.

During our stay there may well be ‘parties’ as some attending may have birthdays and anniversaries. Just let us know when you book and we will add the dates to the list next to confirmed bookings.

We will be putting on several events during the Meet including a Mr & Mrs Evening, with of course the famous Clock to be won back from Mick and Pam. There will be a Hawaiian Night (come dressed in your grass skirts if you dare and win a Best Dressed Floozy Certificate with your photo on), Hunt the Funster Ball, Play Your Cards Right, Karaoke, Fishing competition Men (natural fishermen) against Ladies, Quiz Nights and a few others not yet thought of. Dates of each event will be posted nearer the time.

Montendre, which is less than 2 miles away has a railway station where you can catch a train to Bordeaux or Saintes. The best timed train to Bordeaux leaves at 0950hrs and returns at 1800hrs. We will be arranging transport to the station for anyone who wants to go there either via local Taxi at their rates or, if we are available we will take at 0930hrs and pick you up at 1800hrs for the small cost of 5E. Derbyshire Air Ambulance will receive a donation of 2E of each journey.

Pitch prices are 12E per night without EHU and 15E with EHU, which are obviously limited. This is a worthwhile saving on the normal pitch fee. It will be up to you to contact Twin Lakes to book your pitch prior to the period stated above and put on the forum the dates you will be there so we can welcome you and know who is coming, and when. Make sure you quote ‘JaG’s Meet’ and quote you are MotorhomeFun when booking. Dates outside this period will be as per normal rates for the site, or a price you negotiate with Garry & Jan.
If you think you may go please let us know so we can give them some idea of anticipated numbers attending. Please complete the RSVP page in the Rallies list as well. As soon as you have confirmed your booking please change the RSVP to reflect that.

A bit about Twin Lakes and getting there.
Twin Lakes Caravan Park is a picturesque site set in the region of Charente-Maritime, France, which is rich in culture, gastronomy and with the most wonderful sights.
It is 820km (509 miles) from Calais via Paris or 829km (515 miles) via Rouen. We did work out a route for caravan avoiding all tolls and it is 484 miles of which 255 miles are on Motorways. Time estimated was 12 hours. This was done on Michelin Route Planner. You will obviously have your own preferred route. We did the Paris route using Tolls last year and it proved expensive on Tolls and Paris was busy around the Ring Road.
English family owned, they cater for those seeking a quiet and restful holiday in rural France away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. At Twin Lakes, customers are treated as individuals, knowing that everyone expects something special from their family holiday in France. Their aim is to offer choice and flexibility making your French holiday a memorable one.
Guests will exchange the traffic jams for the French countryside, the crowded pavements for a coastal path, the urban stress for the great outdoors, and a holiday in Charente-Maritime, France is the perfect antidote for de-stressing from modern day life. Sit back, relax, and enjoy. Rural France is so fabulous to explore, or just be here and relax any time of year. The one thing you are sure of is the warm and friendly welcome. The hardest thing you will have to do here is…..leaving when it is time to go home.

The sites facilities
• Bar serving a selection of both Continental and English beers, local wine, hot and cold drinks
• Snack bar serving light snacks and evening meals on selected evenings (see Notice Board)
• Electrical hook ups
• Reception area with information leaflets
• Beautiful field available for Rallies
• Disabled toilet with W.C. Shower & Wash Basin
• Swimming and Paddling Pool
• Pool Table
• Sky TV in lounge area
• Pot washing room
• Elsan Disposal points
• Fishing on site - free for Residents. Note: FISH MUST NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE LAKES.
• Dogs are welcome - however, please keep under proper control and on a lead at all times.
• Communal barbecue area
• Barbecues are allowed using a portable or disposable barbecue (disposables available from the shop). Please keep off the ground when lit. Camp fires are not allowed on any part of the site.
• Picnic Tables
• Water Points
• Children's playground and sports field
Locally you will see the immediate area has everything you could want while staying there.

Local Google Map
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...spn=0.217088,0.500372&source=embed&dg=feature

Places to visit: Blaye with it’s big market and Citadel, Bordeaux, Bourg, Cognac, Montendre, Royan, Saintes

See UKCampsites Reviews here:

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We might be in the area around this time. Would it be possible to drop in for a couple of days if we are?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JaG

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I will be interested for next year,so can you put me down as a may be ,if I get my dates right it will fit in nicely to travel!!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I will be interested for next year,so can you put me down as a may be ,if I get my dates right it will fit in nicely to travel!!
You just enter yourself as a maybe above...we cannot do it for you.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
oooh goody goody . You will be only 36 minutes from our 'ouse so we shall certainly be dropping in to say 'ello. Not sure the exact dates yet cos we have a jolly jaunt to Argeles sur mer and other visits and potterings to do .... but be there we will .. might even get chance to have a fly over and whoosh past .... need to lie down now gone and got all over excited

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We cannot commit at the moment, but we are interested in attending this meet.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
After last year's disappointment, please put us on the list of definites
Can't wait for this one !!

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Hi Graham
will you add me to your list,will phone Gary to confirm 8th till (26th our wedding anniversary)

regards Kevan & julie

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham
will you add me to your list,will phone Gary to confirm 8th till (26th our wedding anniversary)

regards Kevan & julie
Can you add yourself to list at top. Thanks

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hi, this will probably fit in our plans for next year, so we have put a maybe, but really a more likely would do.
Cheers

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Bloomin 'eck ..... her indoors has just pointed out the "tiny" error in my previous excitement ..... you are talking 20 bloody 16 and not as I previously thought THIS month. We will be there, will be booking directly very shortly but hoping to have the chance to meet many of you before that. Going to put a baby bottle nipple thingy on a bottle of whisky, find a quiet corner and sulk, drink and cry just a little ...... boo hoo.

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought motor home two yrs ago after having caravans for 30 years
Yes , we're be there all being well , look forward to seeing you all again , we are really sad not to be able to mAke Benidorm , health reasons . We managed to change the euro train to use before June next year so we're going France in May for a month , then of course September . See you all then xx

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
:france:It's a maybe. Sounds like a lovely place to visit

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Graham,
We've been in touch with Janet, and booked our pitch.:):)
We intend staying the whole 18 nights, and we've booked EHU for the period.(y)(y)
Regards
Viv & Chris
:france::france::france:

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
never been but heard all the good stories about twin lakes from the funsters (y) so would love to join you all for a few days,( hopefully ) sounds like a great meet Mew & Mick

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
It's now a definite - All booked with Jan via e-mail, have p.m.'d you with dates and changed the 'maybe' to a 'yes', above. :cooler::cooler:

Fantic

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2014
My RV was standing since 2008 and we have had it for 12 months, the UK trips have been the shake down for the main event next year and it looks like this will fit the bill, I will have a word with her in doors and see what can be done, I have a warm feeling all of a sudden!:D:party2::france::reel:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
looks like Nikki and I might be around those dates, if of course we are still alive we might want to come on over to your place, hey you, your having a party

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Now that would be something else! You will of course have a choice of pitch. ..or is that not allowed. Lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back