Windows Mail on 8.1 (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have recently started using a computer with 8.1 installed, previously on vista where windows mail linked to my aol mail and worked perfectly, messages stored, contacts on file etc.

The new set up links to my aol account but I cannot get access to all the information stored on the previous version of mail........anybody know how I can access this and migrate the stored info to 8.1 mail?

I can't even find a way to enter contacts manually!!!!

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
I'm using Windows 10 and have installed Windows Mail which works well. If you want to keep your saved emails I would suggest that you install it on your PC running Windows 8. You will need to copy your message folder to the new PC then have a look at post 10 on the Windows forum http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/3698-how-use-winmail-windows-8-a.html which gives detailed instructions on installing it. You will need to register on the forum to be able to download some of the necessary files.

After you've installed it you'll need to export your contacts to a saved file and import them into the new Windows Mail.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks, I will investigate later, had enough of the infernal machine for now........time for a snooze:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Far too complicated for me I'm afraid, why do they have to mess with a program that works and replace it with one that doesn't??:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back