Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Hi all. I recently had my fridge fail on mains and gas & the faults indicated a failed PCB. I contacted a local engineer who came out & agreed the PCB had failed. No other checks were made. The engineer got a new PCB and returned to fit it a couple of days later. Turns out the PCB is the manual variety and so I no longer have the auto power source select function. The fridge then worked on gas but not on mains and the AC heater was found to be open circuit and I would guess this failing caused the PCB failure in the first place. The engineer said he would get a new heater and return with that & as a gesture of goodwill I paid for the manual PCB and labour. The PCB has been left hanging out at the bottom of the unit with all the wiring hanging out as well. The plan was to drag the unit out and replace the heater and then tidy up the PCB and wiring to make everything safe. The engineer has not returned, is not answering my calls, has failed to reply to messages and does not appear to be coming back. What do I do apart from try to secure the wiring etc for the trip home and get someone else to sort out the mess!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 62
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
if you paid by credit card
Maybe a word with them
They bought the service on your behalf
Think it has to be excess of £ 100 though

• Assuming the cowboy sorry installer
Returns other than that its persistent complaint
Or spend money on solicitors/courts
Could cost more money than your chasing

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
maybe on holiday?

where are you? if in Europe they have engineers as well!:) just look on manufacturers web site for a list.

small claims court cost £50 last time I looked..the initial letter is enough normally to get them to take notice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If no luck with him name and shame to stop anyone else losing money and ending up like you.
I hope he is on holiday and you get it fixed.(y)

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Update, he's been in touch and said he can't get the heater so can't complete the work and is offering to refund me the labour I paid him and the profit he made on the PCB!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back