Touring Italy (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We are leaving Wednesday for a trip to Italy.
I would like to know if any Funsters have driven down the west coast and if there are any roads to avoid. I have read a couple of threads on the subject but can't find anything on the west coast. We would like to go the scenic route but if advice is against it we will take the motorways.

Thanks
John.

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Thanks for that @landscaper and @webby1 but we are only going as far as Civitavavécchia. Intend to visit Assisi, Perúgia and Lake Trasimento then up to Garda and Como.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
The whole of the area around the bay of Naples is a must. Naples, PompeiI, Herculannum, Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi, Revello, Vesuvios, Solenerno etc can keep you occupied for a month should you wish.

We did all those from the Asci site next door to the Pompeii ruins and the railway station. A day train /bus excursion ticket from the station (50yds) will take you to all these, except of course Capri (which is not to be missed) very reasonably. The bus down the Amalfi coast and even up to Revello is also included in the day ticket.

South of the bay of Naples there is not much of note until you get to Reggio da Calabria and there in the municipal museum you can see the Raice Bronzes, among the most wonderous things I have ever seen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riace_bronzes

Dick

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
Civitaveccia not that pretty but is an interesting, busy port. Toby