Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Agree they wash and spin well but seem to take gallons of water to rinse stuff properly
compromise. maybe not rinsed as good as you might like . but that machine will only take as much water as any other to rinse clothes . rinsing would take the same even if hand washing .
i use a builders tub and a posser for rinsing . but only as i can keep the machine at full working . fast it gets done quicker its on the line . the spinners on these small machines are great.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Agree they wash and spin well but seem to take gallons of water to rinse stuff properly

You must have used it wrong. You've either over loaded or used too much or too little powder. I did a wash and rinse with one watering can of water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years

We found the same it used loads of water to rinse got rid of ours we just find a aire with a launderette near by . ( + hated having to dig it out of the garage )

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I hand wash and keep up with the smalls, in UK use a campsite laundry or find one in a town (they are becoming very rare now)
In France most of its done by hand, and I have washed bed sheets by hand-hard work!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
For small items you can use the Swiss roll method. Lay washed items on large towel - make sure they're flat and evenly spaced along towel. Roll towel, walk up and down on roll - the pressure squeezes moisture out and if you've spread items well they don't end up too creased. :D

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We'd used one outside super U yesterday. 18 kilo for €10.€2 to dry. Save having wet washing hanging up in aires we use.it was 3 weeks worth though.Hard work hand washing and I hate hanging washing out on an Aire. Cheap or free aires so swings and roundabouts really.

Last edited:

Robert 314

Free Member
Oct 15, 2015
Taunton. Somerset.
Funster No
MH
MH within 3 months.
Exp
Converted van. 5 yrs exploring.
A while ago I made my own 'washer'. Consisted of a 5 gallon fermenting plastic bin. Hole cut in the centre of the lid and a rubber sink plunger inserted. Fill with warm/hot/cold water and start plunging! Worked a treat and no one ever commented that I looked grubby or dirty.

Reactions: CWH
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We carry 14 sets of underwear etc so can go up to 2 weeks without washing, then usually go to a site for the day. If needed we do carry one of those twin tubs which is very useful for smalls and will take a double duvet cover. I didn't know about Super U though so may use them.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We carry 14 sets of underwear etc so can go up to 2 weeks without washing, then usually go to a site for the day. If needed we do carry one of those twin tubs which is very useful for smalls and will take a double duvet cover. I didn't know about Super U though so may use them.
If you turn them round you can get another 2 weeks from them..............:sick:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We take enough underwear for the whole period we're away including a few spare pairs in case we get drenched (like we did in Venice!) so for our last trip we took 45 pairs of knickers each! :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
:eek: Did you have room for anything else?
Now then ... I'll have you know that my hubby's knickers take up more room than mine ... never mind his 45 pairs of socks!!!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Ours are 'holiday knickers' specifically for the motorhome. Unless we are not going away for longish time, they live permanently in the mh (only the washed ones of course)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back