Lee raymond

Free Member
Aug 27, 2015
Solihull
Funster No
MH
B644 hymer fiat ducato
Exp
purchased a classic b644 hymer yesterday (fiat ducato 1993) , on way home from Yorkshire I lost use of my blowers, brake lights and indicators! Remember hearing a sound like a fuse popping but I have had no joy locating the fuse boxes.
I would be most grateful for any advice
Thanks
Lee

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi
Welcome
Can't help you but stuff like that happens when vehicles aren't used .......... fuse blowing might be from the indicator stalk - just guessing as I had a, not that old, Ducato that did something similar - problem went after moving the stalk about.
Someone with a B644 will be along to tell you where the fuse box is(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And I am sure a MHF member who lives close to you will offer to come and look at it for you :)

We are too far away :(

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
B544 vehicle fuses seem to be in glovebox as others have said, hab fuses inside the cab on the wheelarch on my lhd

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lee raymond

Lee raymond

Free Member
Aug 27, 2015
Solihull
Funster No
MH
B644 hymer fiat ducato
Exp
Found them thanks , found some in the glove box, some by the left side wheel arch and some in the engine bay, replaced all the blown fuses and some doggy wiring that was for the fog lights that don't work, fingers crossed all seems well

OP
OP
Lee raymond

Lee raymond

Free Member
Aug 27, 2015
Solihull
Funster No
MH
B644 hymer fiat ducato
Exp
Meet Jessie
image.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hope you have joined us now ... welcome... you will always find someone willing to go the extra mile to help you.. a great forum ... Enjoy your travels @Lee raymond :)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hope you have joined us now ... welcome... you will always find someone willing to go the extra mile to help you.. a great forum ... Enjoy your travels @Lee raymond :)

I think someone's stolen Joy's laptop......... she told me she couldn't get up this early

Edit........... wrong she's not gone to bed yet:doh:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think someone's stolen Joy's laptop......... she told me she couldn't get up this early

Yup... but I'm going back to bed now .... my mind just decided to run wild at the wrong hour of the morning :) ... not that it doesn't run wild for the rest of the 23 hours also.. o_Oo_O

:snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi from Devon like you I preferr the classic vans had one or two hymers its a good idea to through them and a complete service in cambelt before you start your travels
(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Jessie is lovely. We had a classic Hymer as our second van and it was wonderful. I cried when we sold her but at th time we couldn't keep her and weren't using her - we now have Buffy who is much more modern and smaller and more suited to our preset circumstances. In my heart I still miss Miss X though........

Velorum

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Ruscombe
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Great looking motorhome

A good friend of mine (now sadly no longer with us) had one just like that - he used to use it as overnight accommodation when travelling up from Brighton to London to do 3 days per week consultancy. It pretty much paid for itself within 18 months. A lovely thing that first planted the seed of buying a MH with me.

OP
OP
Lee raymond

Lee raymond

Free Member
Aug 27, 2015
Solihull
Funster No
MH
B644 hymer fiat ducato
Exp
Thanks for the advice, lucky enough Jessie has just had a full service including cambelt and a rather expensive MOT before I collected her.
Just in the process of a interior refurb and a detail on the outside to bring her back to full glory.
This is my last free post!
Membership requested

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back