Free Member
May 24, 2012
shropshire
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2004
I have a 2007 Autotrail Apache 700SE and am having trouble with the electric step. When I unlock the vehicle the step usually drops down automatically. At the moment it is a bit hit and miss. When it does drop down it does not want to go back up. Even when the engine is started. The only way I can then get it back up is by pressing the internal button and each press moves it about 5 mm back in. If I do not get it fully retracted I get the continual buzzer sounding. As I am touring in Ireland at the moment does anyone know how to disable the electric step all together.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Maybe try some wd40 on the joints?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
They do get gunged up after a while. My step started getting lazy and I mentioned it to our dealer last year. They had the van in and cleaned the step mechanism, no more problems. Occasionally when I clean the van, I jet wash all around the step mechanism and have never had a problem since

Lms

Free Member
Jul 3, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I've just got mine fixed it's the control panel give sargent a call they're very helpful just remove the complete unit and send it to them cost is £75 and they check everything. I think they are on 7-10 day turn around
Take lots of pictures of the wires before you unplug them all

OP
OP
rclubbe

rclubbe

Free Member
May 24, 2012
shropshire
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2004
Thank you for your help. As a temporary fix I removed the jumper links from the control unit and this prevented the step from activating when I locked and unlocked the doors. For the last two weeks, while touring Ireland we managed without the step. Now that I am back home I will remove the step and give it a good looking at!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rclubbe

rclubbe

Free Member
May 24, 2012
shropshire
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2004
I took off the step, for a good looking at, and found that everything was okay and the motor worked perfectly when wire to a battery. So I removed the EM50 unit that is behind the drivers seat and sent it off to Sargent. They tested, repaired and returned it within a few days. Everything now working perfectly.
When the unit was returned to me it was clear that the whole pcb had been replaced and updated. The cost is a fixed price and well worth it.
Thank you everyone for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back