Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
OK

I give up.

How do I add POI's to my new Chinese friend. I've trawled here and the web but I cannot find a definitive answer to my problem.

Would someone who has done this let me know how you managed it.

Thank you.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
To add a new group of POI you need a file of POI in .kml (google earth format).

Copy this file into the content/userdata/poi folder on the sat nav. If this folder does not exist you need to create it.

Restart the sat nav.

The kml file will be used to create 3 other files in the same folder.

The POI will now show as a new category for you to select from.

If you want to add the 2015 ACSI sites the .kml file is here http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/acsi2015-for-chinese-satnav.106/

This zip file also includes a file for Archies Camping - DO NOT - try loading this as there is an error in it that causes the unit to freeze. Also ignore the references to .bmp file in the readme file as they are not in the zip the ACSI POIs will still work but show the stock poi flag not a custom one.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Thank you very much for replying but I fear you're going to have to go slower than that. I really don't understand this.

Should I go to a website to search for POI's first? I'm looking for aires in Europe in the main.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Thank you very much for replying but I fear you're going to have to go slower than that. I really don't understand this.

Should I go to a website to search for POI's first? I'm looking for aires in Europe in the main.

I have just uploaded the files for the french aires to the resources area. Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Thank you. I'm up to my neck in stuff right now but will set aside tomorrow to get my head around this. I remember I struggled with the TomTom too but got there in the end.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I have just uploaded the files for the french aires to the resources area. Hope this helps

Thanks for that.

I've found all the ones I need, I've converted them and I've put them into the folder that was already on there under CONTENT called POI and non of them are showing on the map. Trawling the web it states that POI's must be turned on in the setting but I can't find anywhere to turn them on.

Any ideas?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Thanks for that.

I've found all the ones I need, I've converted them and I've put them into the folder that was already on there under CONTENT called POI and non of them are showing on the map. Trawling the web it states that POI's must be turned on in the setting but I can't find anywhere to turn them on.

Any ideas?

Jackie P,

The folder content/poi is where the standard poi files that come with the country maps are stored. To create user pois you MUST create the folder content/userdata/poi and copy the .kml file into it.
When you restart the sat nav the pois will appear.

John

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Jackie P,

The folder content/poi is where the standard poi files that come with the country maps are stored. To create user pois you MUST create the folder content/userdata/poi and copy the .kml file into it.
When you restart the sat nav the pois will appear.

John

John,

Thanks for much for trying to help.

OK. So I've gone to the content folder and Ive made another folder also called content and inside that I've made a folder called user data and inside I've created a folder called POI and inside that folder I've put the .kml files and I've started up the NT and there's still nothing there.

The TomTom is suddenly looking attractive again.

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hi there
I've been watching your conversation and the very expert Lunarman has been helping. However, since he has not replied to your problem maybe he's away somewhere. Your problem is that you have put the files in the wrong place, you've misread Lunarmans' instructions.
You do not need to create another "content" folder; you needed to put into the existing "contents" folder.
Move your "userdata" folder(containing the poi folder) -move it all into the "contents" folder that was originally on your chinese. Once moved, delete your empty "contents" folder.
HeyPresto - then restart your chinese.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I've just been trying to load the Aires files from the resources section. The instructions tell me to
extract the files and copy the .kml file into the content/userdata/poi folder and the .bmp files into the content/userdata/usericon folder and restart the satnav
I can find the POI folder and have put the kml file into that but I can't find a userdata/usericon folder.
I went into all the available files and found one (UI_IG09) that held bmp files and put them in there. Will that work?
Yours,
Confused Brown Eyes from Bathgate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back