Vanbitz...lack of after sales support due holiday closure! (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I reckon he's having a giggle at all the attention and decided to stay another week.
As there's no such thing as bad advertising?:)

All about keeping the profile up there....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

For security reasons I tell only family that I am away........... certainly would not mention it publicly...........

Might even affect insurance cover should the worst happen

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Last seen online July 29th the day before this thread started lol

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
This thread still going? You guys should organise a rally it will probably be very well attended! ..... provided you don't have to reverse onto your pitch!:D

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
How many Palm Beach's are there?I've only stayed in one in Australia that was near Cairns Queensland will try NSW one this next trip.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
OP
OP
BeeSea

BeeSea

Free Member
May 8, 2014
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
A couple of years...France/Spain/Portugal and Blighty
SITREP:

So, Eddie and Ashley are back on deck. The junior thought best to engage in a he said/she said. See customer service 101 Ashley. "Active listening, followed by problem solution"! The senior was much wiser and migrated straight to the solution. Dometic and the "Premium Dealership" has let him down...

Vanbitz have engaged Dometic (Waeco) to manage the fault. Every service tech they offer is either, a) not qualified on Waeco cams (only toilets..) or b) "on holiday". End of the day, still no working reversing cam.

Months later, I am still seeking warranty support for the reversing camera. It goes into storage this weekend and we are not back till Easter 2016. I have a long memory.

In other breaking news....what an absolutely super bunch of supportive chaps and chapesses there are on this fun forum, always willing to "go the extra mile" to assist a newbie!!...(you know who you are). And FYI, that's sarcasm. I really think a few should listen to SWMBO and ease up on the sauce....

Thankfully my inbox floweth over with supportive PM's and with 60+ likes on my Vanbitz post I still have faith in the community this forum offers.

THANK YOU and I'll be back in 2016 :)

Last edited:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
What happened when you pulled up in the Midlands to visit Waeco in person, who had advised that if the fault was installation related they would bill you? Were they unable to exchange the unit suffering water ingress?

Just for clarity, no attempt at sarcasm or urine extraction intended, I am genuinely curious why they were unable to assist given your visitation.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Its not the end of the world if your reversing camera dosent work. I reversed over four VWs, one Merc, and the corner of a brothel in Germany when my Chieftain Tank one broke. Never even scratched the tracks. (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Its not the end of the world if your reversing camera dosent work. I reversed over four VWs, one Merc, and the corner of a brothel in Germany when my Chieftain Tank one broke. Never even scratched the tracks. (y)
There was a brothel in a VW by the ranges at Sennelagar, Layby Lil she was known as.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
What happened when you pulled up in the Midlands to visit Waeco in person, who had advised that if the fault was installation related they would bill you? Were they unable to exchange the unit suffering water ingress?

Just for clarity, no attempt at sarcasm or urine extraction intended, I am genuinely curious why they were unable to assist given your visitation.

OP would do better if he dropped the tone (accused us of sarcasm?lol). stop talking in riddles......and as you say explain what's going on properly..

Getting so uptight about a camera not healthy is it.....heavens what would you be like in a real disaster..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In other breaking news....what an absolutely super bunch of supportive chaps and chapesses there are on this fun forum, always willing to "go the extra mile" to assist a newbie!!...(you know who you are). And FYI, that's sarcasm. I really think a few should listen to SWMBO and ease up on the sauce....

Nice banter...See, your finally getting the idea :)

Safe Journey.....Now don't go cancelling your flight home for something drastic like a shoe-lace coming undone ;)

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Months later, I am still seeking warranty support for the reversing camera. It goes into storage this weekend and we are not back till Easter 2016. I have a long memory.
Don't follow this , 'months later', it was only a couple of weeks ago(n)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm still trying to resolve my Dometic fridge issue beyond two years . They are currently so slow even acknowledging emails that it might be quicker by snail mail
Given that I now know what the problem is I'm only asking for the part I'm not even expecting them to fit it which requires the fridge out yet again

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm still trying to resolve my Dometic fridge issue beyond two years . They are currently so slow even acknowledging emails that it might be quicker by snail mail
Given that I now know what the problem is I'm only asking for the part I'm not even expecting them to fit it which requires the fridge out yet again
I have given up useing email for anything other than when someone has asked for one , if I can't get anyone on the phone I don't bother, when I was working in an electrical wholesaler we read emails about once a week , then most were too old to do anything about:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back