Looking for a skiing campsite with Chalets/Hotel (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Daughter and hubby plus two boys want us to go skiing with them, we stay in the RV they stay in the chalet. Must be close to a town so the wife who doesn't ski can get some retail therapy.:D
Anybody got any recommends?

Ian

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Camping Arlberg in Austria is lovely. Great camp site with private washrooms, drying room, etc on each pitch. Great skiing for all abilities. Wellness suite for your wife to pamper herself. Not sure about retail therapy in Arlberg as ski resorts tend to be so overpriced Allan stops me shopping! And Austrian après ski is by far the best IMHO

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I think Le Grand Bornand is a nice choice as it has accommodation as well and a health spa.
Loved Pralognan, again nice campsite with hotel attached and some adjoining log cabins.

good luck with going in an RV though.... Scary enough getting chains on a Fiat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We have stayed on the campsite at Samoens for the last few years- they hire Cabins and Static Vans, it is a flat walk into the lovely french village (about 15 mins).
The Ski Lift is only accross the road, Local Market once a week.
They do take ACSI but probably no use to you with Childrens school holidays.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Haggers had a look at L'Escale in Grand B but the apartments seem a bit odd, as their will be a group of friends going with my daughters family they need accommodation for about 12, but the 14 person apartment only has 4 bedrooms, how does that work?
Had a look at Le Versoyen in Bourg St Maurice, as after a conversation with my daughter this morning, a local hotel might be a better option for them, and Bourg's got retail therapy for the wife. :)
Going to keep looking.
Around 600 miles to Bourg or other sites, doable in a day? Or do you all spend a night in an aire/campsite/hotel?

Ian

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Champs du moulin campsite at Les Deux Alpes has some cabins on site. The camp site is lovely. We have been 3 times, once in summer and twice at Easter for skiing. There is a tele cabin up to the ski resort and town. This stops at 7 in the evening so eating out at night is difficult but runs all day long. The drive is not difficult due to the low altitude of the campsite itself but LDA is a glacier resort so guaranteed skiing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
We have stayed on the campsite at Samoens for the last few years- they hire Cabins and Static Vans, it is a flat walk into the lovely french village (about 15 mins).
The Ski Lift is only accross the road, Local Market once a week.
They do take ACSI but probably no use to you with Childrens school holidays.

I think the eldest grandchild is 9, and they just take him out of school for a week, outside the halfterm as it is so much cheaper, other parents do the same I presume.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back