Rally Chat Potential 'Music & Mechanicals' meet July 2016 - South Lincs (1 Viewer)

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Please can you put our names down as definitely interested. June and Jeff

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Sounds good if we are in our home area Lincs it may be nice to have an accoustic session
At least you won't have far to go - I think you are nearer than I am!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Morning Simon, yes we also are def interested in this meet. (y) It's great fun planning the possibilities of what can happen before and after! (and even during) But best we don't give away too many of Lincolnshires secrets too soon! ;)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Simon, Rita and I could be up for this one please. :)

We too enjoyed @BreweryDave's Sandy Meet, and the impromptu music night. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Always a joy to play with other musical people, please put Simon and Marg down as interested.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Ok, it's clear from the response over the last two days that this is a goer. If everyone who has expressed an interest still wants to attend come next July, we would already be running a Reserves list.

So, what happens next. Well, not a lot, visibly.

I will confirm with the campsite. I'll also get them to confirm the absolute maximum number of vans they think they can fit in, because we look as if we will more than fill the site.

As it will now definitely happen, I have posted a new entry in the Events section, so that it appears in the calendar for the benefit of anyone doing their planning.

There is no thread in the Scheduled Rallies section yet & I'm not proposing to start one until late February 16, when people will have a better idea of what their summer plans are.

New readers please continue to use this thread to express an interest. I will post on here again before posting in the Scheduled Rallies section & I will attempt to tag everyone who has expressed an interest so you can get your names down on the attendance thread if you still want to come. It may be a good idea to 'watch' this thread if you want to be certain not to miss any updates.

So just to be clear, nobody's name is on any list yet - this thread has just been to check that there is sufficient interest to run the event. The event will open for booking in February.

We have some great musicians interested from two bands & from the funsters. It's going to be a fantastic musical weekend & the only downside is that we have to wait 11 months for it!

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
this sounds just the job, put me down for a spot

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Sandra

It's a PE22 ish postcode I believe so you could call that 300 miles from the centre of Glasgow.

Martin

Try nearly 400 ! Martin, I clocked 400+ to Peterborough,

Hope you and Jen are still getting out n about and really enjoying it

Ken :drink: :drink: :drink:

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
@rupert - you are not 'put down' on any list for anything at the moment. See my post immediately above yours. This thread is just to see if these is enough interest to run the event. Clearly there is, so it will happen, but the list of attendees will not open until February.

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
@rupert - you are not 'put down' on any list for anything at the moment. See my post immediately above yours. This thread is just to see if these is enough interest to run the event. Clearly there is, so it will happen, but the list of attendees will not open until February.
ok i get it..... but don't go without me ok ! lol

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
yes, definately interested in this one, diary marked up.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
My plan is to put another post on here, tagging everyone who has expressed an interest, shortly before I start the list. That will be days before, not hours, but not weeks before either. I can't tell you exactly when that will be, because I don't know yet. I expect it will be towards the end of Feb.

It's getting to be as difficult getting onto a rally or meet booking list as the 8.30am telephone lottery trying to get a GP appointment. :(

I suppose the only solution is for more of us to organise more rallies & meets to satisfy demand. Still won't help with the ones everyone wants to go to though.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Appreciate the posting regards Feb 2016, but just wanted to register our interest in this event, sounds excellent, time of year and location suits. Will await developments :cool: (doing this on my phone have no idea what thus smilie but heyho looks good)

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Simon,

We would be interested in your rally as a rest & relaxation following Misterton x

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sounds excellent to me .. July is often a pretty dead month for us, and as a bonus it is not too far either !

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Is it known how many places there will be available ?
Not many, sadly.

I will be asking for unit size when we get to making up a list of attendees, so that I can work with the site owner to squeeze in as many as possible (without being silly or compromising their separation rules). They say that 25 is a comfortable number - it's quite a small site. We need to allow some space for the local band members who will also be staying, although some of those will travel for the Sat evening & won't stay overnight.

I will review the whole situation when we get to firm(ish) bookings in Feb/March. I really don't want to turn away 50% of the people who want to come, but the site itself is part of the attraction, so I am reluctant to change the venue. In addition, music sessions only really work well if kept to a sensible size.

We are now at 43 expressions of interest. Obviously not all of those will turn into firm bookings, but it's clear we may well be over-subscribed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back