Rally [Jul 31, 2015] Falkirk Wheel Meet (Falkirk) (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi another 2 very happy funsters have just arrived home, thanks again to a great meet :clap2:had a brilliant time, and met some wonderful people. A big :thanks4:Sandra for all your hard work in organising the week end, you done a great job (y) nobody else could have done it any better . Thanks to the chefs for standing over the barbecue all weekend, Andy for taking care of the money, your hard work didn't go un noticed and was appreciated by all, and not forgetting George and his gummy bears, jellies, toffee vodka and all the other drinks he kept surprising us with :drink:loved them all (y) Looking forward to hopefully seeing you all again soon. Hope everyone got to there final destinations to-night without any mishaps. Mew & Mick

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Just to let you know that we are safely "home" for the night ;)
image.jpg
Thanks again to you all for making our first rally so much "Fun"!

Night night everyone x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Ok ,as promised the money count is as follows...
in the bag was £167. 02, Sandra says she has another £5.00 for me and mavis has just been round with £5.00, so that's £177.02... I think for 21 vans that's a fantastic total and going to a great cause...

its been rounded up to £200.00 and paid to help for heroes, who say I will receive a receipt by mail , which I will publish on this thread when it arrives..

apart from the obvious generosity of all the funsters that attended, its worth mentioning our resident ''chugger''(that's a charity mugger :LOL:) in the form of Sandra...
have you ever felt you have been mugged :)???-----well if sandra was a dog (and again Grant, @Gellyneck bite your tongue ) she would be a Rottweiler ..
she got money out of us, as well as charging poor unsuspecting motorhomes for the pleasure of filling up with water, then risked life and limb to prevent them from leaving the car park until they had paid again :D, and also trying to enlist them on fun... a great laugh to watch..

not much more to add other than a final thanks to you all..
andy..

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Ok ,as promised the money count is as follows...
in the bag was £167. 02, Sandra says she has another £5.00 for me and mavis has just been round with £5.00, so that's £177.02... I think for 21 vans that's a fantastic total and going to a great cause...

its been rounded up to £200.00 and paid to help for heroes, who say I will receive a receipt by mail , which I will publish on this thread when it arrives..

apart from the obvious generosity of all the funsters that attended, its worth mentioning our resident ''chugger''(that's a charity mugger :LOL:) in the form of Sandra...
have you ever felt you have been mugged :)???-----well if sandra was a dog (and again Grant, @Gellyneck bite your tongue ) she would be a Rottweiler ..
she got money out of us, as well as charging poor unsuspecting motorhomes for the pleasure of filling up with water, then risked life and limb to prevent them from leaving the car park until they had paid again :D, and also trying to enlist them on fun... a great laugh to watch..

not much more to add other than a final thanks to you all..
andy..

Well done Andy, and the TFW Funsters !!!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@andy63 Let's just say the unsuspecting MHs visiting the tap were charged for barrier lifting duties @£1 per minute. I was hoping their connector wouldn't fit so I could have hired them yours :LOL:

Thanks for looking after the cash and for promptly paying it to Help For Heroes. You are hired again next year along with the chefs.:D:LOL:

Once again THANKS to all.

barnacle

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Humbie, Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newish
We too got back to Kilsyth safely and had an early night for a change!
Now my work day is nearly over and how I wish I was still at the wheel with all you other guys there too.
Had a brilliant time, so much laughter and fun way into the wee small hours every night. The food was brill and both the chefs did a brilliant job!
We missed the ceilidh on Saturday due to a big hand that kept pulling us back into the Union Inn at lock 16 every time we tried to leave. However we had a nice walk with Su and her boys on Sunday to Canada Woods indulging in some tea and scones at the wee cafe there.
Anyway a big thank you to Sandra for arranging the meet, to Andy who seemed to be always running round doing lots for other people and to remind Andy that I still have the two fivers that he gave me, they are soon to be a tenner again!!!! To George for his variety of beverages and again to George and Karen for the hilarious cabaret act they staged all weekend---------may they live happily ever after!!!!
Finally, thanks to everyone who came along for making us feel so welcome on our first MHF meet!
Bill & Jan.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
well if sandra was a dog she would be a Rottweiler .

@andy63, how dare you incinerate that that shrinking violet @irnbru is of canine extraction! She's just a little pussy cat - I've seen the photies!

As an example here she is advising a Funster of the £1 barrier charge.

upload_2015-8-4_16-55-30.png

Now where was Mr Dustbin Liner's cave again?

Well done all for the sum raised! Brilliant.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
got this e-mail which ive copied to the thread... but will still post the written letter when it arrives
ta andy.

[This is an automated email sent from an unmonitored account, please do not reply]

Dear andy

Thank you very much for your kind donation to Help for Heroes Donation Page on behalf of Help for Heroes, your donation will help make a real difference.

The details of your donation are:

Donation Amount: £200.00
Donation Reference: 28-32-434039
Paypal Transaction ID: 9BP64865U7256641N
Paypal Address Status: Confirmed
Paypal Token: EC-21X175279L9687000

Thank you very much for your support!

>From the Help for Heroes Team

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Wow that was quick! :)(y)

Sam and Viv

Free Member
Sep 1, 2010
fife
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
of-on with caravans-40yrs
Hi All would like to thank Sandra and Andy and everyone else for a great weekend. We did not muck in with everything but what we did we really enjoyed it. Everybody was so friendly which makes you feel so much better. Hope we can meet up with all the funsters in the future.
Sam and Viv(y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi All would like to thank Sandra and Andy and everyone else for a great weekend. We did not muck in with everything but what we did we really enjoyed it. Everybody was so friendly which makes you feel so much better. Hope we can meet up with all the funsters in the future.
Sam and Viv(y)
hi sam and viv, was lovely meeting you...wouldn't worry about joining in with everything... you will hear it said time and time again that you do exactly what suits you and no one has an issue with that....the more meets you attend the easier it gets to join in a bit more anyway as you get to know more of the gang ...
safe travels and hope to meet up again...
ta andy

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Just to let you know that after two weeks and a shade over 2000 miles, we are home home! I'll review the britstops we used when I'm not quite so tired and write a blog of our travels with lots of pics when I figure out how :D

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Fantastic weekend and great to not only enjoy ourselves but raise money for a wonderful, deserving charity. Well done and thank you to irnbru, Andy, all the bacon butty chefs, our wonderful dance teacher with soooo much patience and a great bunch of people to spend time with. Roll on next year cos we will be there xx

kennyp369

Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Wentworth, Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 Twin axle lhd
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Irnbru. Any news for us on the 'reserve list' for the Falkirk Wheel meet? You indicated we were 4th.on the list at one time, but have just seen the latest here and we don't appear there! This would be our first meet (if we are lucky) but I'm not sure of the preceedure for booking etc. We are starting a Scottish tour for 3 plus weeks and this was already one of the 'hot spots' of interest before moving on 'up country' and it would be good to meet some funsters for the first time.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi Irnbru. Any news for us on the 'reserve list' for the Falkirk Wheel meet? You indicated we were 4th.on the list at one time, but have just seen the latest here and we don't appear there! This would be our first meet (if we are lucky) but I'm not sure of the preceedure for booking etc. We are starting a Scottish tour for 3 plus weeks and this was already one of the 'hot spots' of interest before moving on 'up country' and it would be good to meet some funsters for the first time.

Sandra @irnbru will probably see this, but you have picked up last years thread not this years (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back