Free Member
Jun 9, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Ford Rimor
Exp
June 2015
I know little about the Cobra alarm in a direct head to head with a Strikeback/Growler. I am one who initially intended to get the Strikeback fitted, but then ultimately went for the Growler. In my opinion, this wasn't really a result of any subliminal or aggressive up-selling technique, but a result of my reading the information provided, deciding what I wanted before I arrived onsite and comparing the relative price of Strikeback with a couple of options and the Growler with the FUN discount and lifetime warranty. The Vanbitz team also managed to squeeze us in around shows and a packed workshop schedule so we had the alarm before our first trip to the continent. I agree that it is a significant investment, but so is your van. This system also gives me some reassurance should SWMBO use the van on her own, but then I think any perpetrators may need protection from her!!! ;):whistle:

Well Rowley, if u arrive and they inform you that you should really have additional leds's £30, additional sirens, £135, which I really have no way of knowing about then I've 'invested' an additional £165 on top of a £550 alarm, on top of £90 in diesel, 8 hour round trip n a day off work getting to Taunton. Perhaps if they're alarm doesn't work well with Ford Transits it should be adjusted to do so as per all the references on this site, or the alarm siren placed in an aalternative position. It's not very good to wait until someone's driven all the way there, to then literally tell them the alarm they have chosen isn't good because of noise insulation on their van so if you want an alarm that can be heard pay an extra £135. That would have affected my initial choice in purchase of the alarm.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well Rowley, if u arrive and they inform you that you should really have additional leds's £30, additional sirens, £135, which I really have no way of knowing about then I've 'invested' an additional £165 on top of a £550 alarm, on top of £90 in diesel, 8 hour round trip n a day off work getting to Taunton. Perhaps if they're alarm doesn't work well with Ford Transits it should be adjusted to do so as per all the references on this site, or the alarm siren placed in an aalternative position. It's not very good to wait until someone's driven all the way there, to then literally tell them the alarm they have chosen isn't good because of noise insulation on their van so if you want an alarm that can be heard pay an extra £135. That would have affected my initial choice in purchase of the alarm.
I was in no way being critical of your post, merely providing feedback of my experience and decision process - you pay your money and take your choice. Perhaps only on assessing your vehicle could Vanbitz advise you that you may be better served by taking the additional components?

Heseinberg

Free Member
Jun 9, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Ford Rimor
Exp
June 2015
Perhaps Rowley, but ford transits are common MH's and the alarm isn't really that good. All I'm doing is putting my opinion of what happened to me for others to see and evaluate when they think about the price and the trip. Everyone has different experiences and this is mine, if u don't have a Ford Transit it will probably be ok but in hindsight given cost n outcome I would have gone local for a Cobra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Local every time for me. Just look on thatcham site to ID approved installers. Then ring round and compare....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back