Rally [Aug 6, 2015] Saltfleet Gala Weekend August 2015 - Lincolnshire (Saltfleet) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome "Late Starting", we look forward to seeing you at Saltfleet
:welc:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Will we find a butcher with those delicious porkie pies like at Misterton (drooling ) and a welcoming pub that loves dogs too ...wahooo not long now
and achef who is willing to give up his own sunday roast ... lolol xx

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Kath there is a small convenience store just a short walk away, there is also a couple of public houses in the village, benches in the garden, chip shop near a large camp site which is on the way to the beach, but the sea is out for miles, but nice walk for the doggies, see you soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Will we find a butcher with those delicious porkie pies like at Misterton (drooling )
Drop into Louth as you come past. We have quite a selection of proper butchers & bakers who all do their own pork pies. Get one from each for research purposes on the way in & stock up with your favourite on your way out. :) Leave a bit of room in the fridge - by the time you have visited Louth's butchers, bakers & cheese shops you'll need it!

Motorhomes over 7m are best to park at the cattle market - follow the coach parking signs. Not Thursday morning though, 'cos it's full of cattle & sheep. Should be ok by late afternoon. The other option is to park on Fairfield industrial estate, but then bikes or a toad is recommended because it's a bit of a hike into the town centre.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Kath there is a small convenience store just a short walk away, there is also a couple of public houses in the village, benches in the garden, chip shop near a large camp site which is on the way to the beach, but the sea is out for miles, but nice walk for the doggies, see you soon

Sounding good Val!

Drop into Louth as you come past. We have quite a selection of proper butchers & bakers who all do their own pork pies. Get one from each for research purposes on the way in & stock up with your favourite on your way out. :) Leave a bit of room in the fridge - by the time you have visited Louth's butchers, bakers & cheese shops you'll need it!

Motorhomes over 7m are best to park at the cattle market - follow the coach parking signs. Not Thursday morning though, 'cos it's full of cattle & sheep. Should be ok by late afternoon. The other option is to park on Fairfield industrial estate, but then bikes or a toad is recommended because it's a bit of a hike into the town centre.

A Plan is starting to take shape (kick the diet into touch firstly lolol) ... thanks for the warning about not overfilling the fridge, you just cant help yourself from buying all those delicious savouries you see in these country butchers

See you all thursday
Kath xx

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
A Plan is starting to take shape (kick the diet into touch firstly lolol) ... thanks for the warning about not overfilling the fridge, you just cant help yourself from buying all those delicious savouries you see in these country butchers
Ah, well, if you're not restricting yourself to just pork pies & the diet has gone:-
Start on Little Eastgate, with your back to the church & a large shopping bag in hand.
Lakings butchers on your left (Pork pies, stuffed chine, Lincolnshire sausage, curd tart).
Keep heading east, into Eastgate proper & go down almost to the car park on the right (this is so you don't have to carry too much in both directions).
Turn round & come back west. Cheese Shop on your left (Lincolnshire Poacher mature cheddar, any of the Cote Hill cheeses). Look in every butchers shop on your left as you come back up, bag will be filling up now.
Fresh veg to your right if you need any.
Don't go back into Little Eastgate, keep left on Eastgate (it will become Mercer Row).
Eve & Ranshaw is on your right - one of the oldest independent department stores in the country. If you've really blown the diet, maybe something loose needed?
As you reach the Market Place, Pocklingtons bakers to your right. More pies, sausage rolls, curd tart, Lincolnshire plum loaf (great with that Poacher cheddar).
Don't go into the Market Place, but follow Mercer Row as it swings round to the right. Fairburn's butchers on the right - more of everything.
Time for lunch - the bag will be heavy by now & you are nearly back where you started. Perkins' cafe/bistro on the right, opposite the King's Head. Doesn't look much, but the food is great. Tell Ali I sent you. I have to declare an interest, he's my step-son. He & his mum are responsible for me being at least a stone heavier than I should be, but I've enjoyed every ounce of it. (y)

At this point you have still missed several first class shops & eateries, but enough for one day! :)

Off to Saltfleet & enjoy a feast. I'm sure there will be willing helpers if it won't all fit in the fridge!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Omg are you sure one bag is enough, sounds brilliant I will have to work on Mr D but I am sure the lure of all those goodies will persuade him ..should we be able to stop we will certainly call in at the Perkins Cafe / Bistro

Thank you for all the great info truly sounds an amazing place (y)

Kath

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Ah, well, if you're not restricting yourself to just pork pies & the diet has gone:-
Start on Little Eastgate, with your back to the church & a large shopping bag in hand.
Lakings butchers on your left (Pork pies, stuffed chine, Lincolnshire sausage, curd tart).
Keep heading east, into Eastgate proper & go down almost to the car park on the right (this is so you don't have to carry too much in both directions).
Turn round & come back west. Cheese Shop on your left (Lincolnshire Poacher mature cheddar, any of the Cote Hill cheeses). Look in every butchers shop on your left as you come back up, bag will be filling up now.
Fresh veg to your right if you need any.
Don't go back into Little Eastgate, keep left on Eastgate (it will become Mercer Row).
Eve & Ranshaw is on your right - one of the oldest independent department stores in the country. If you've really blown the diet, maybe something loose needed?
As you reach the Market Place, Pocklingtons bakers to your right. More pies, sausage rolls, curd tart, Lincolnshire plum loaf (great with that Poacher cheddar).
Don't go into the Market Place, but follow Mercer Row as it swings round to the right. Fairburn's butchers on the right - more of everything.
Time for lunch - the bag will be heavy by now & you are nearly back where you started. Perkins' cafe/bistro on the right, opposite the King's Head. Doesn't look much, but the food is great. Tell Ali I sent you. I have to declare an interest, he's my step-son. He & his mum are responsible for me being at least a stone heavier than I should be, but I've enjoyed every ounce of it. (y)

At this point you have still missed several first class shops & eateries, but enough for one day! :)

Off to Saltfleet & enjoy a feast. I'm sure there will be willing helpers if it won't all fit in the fridge!

Brilliant info thank you, plus don't forget the chippie on Eastgate! Oh and that bistro (no personal interest from me) do the best drop scones ever!!! Not called drop scones, but it am sure The Caller will know the ones I mean.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I thought he was, but he's not on the list. :(
Get your name down Terry. (y)

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
List thus far *** A Marque will be provided for our use on the Friday evening ***

1 The Stig
2 Manda3000gt
3 Runrig
4 Ralph n Bev
5 Weekenders
6 Shirlandy
7 Canopus
8 12Volt
9 Ambilkate
10 Toffs
11 Andy & Sue
12 Treetops 1
13 bobandjane
14 bobnden
15 Driving
16 Late Starting
17 stephen parkinson
18 shiftZZ
19 dabhand
20 glenduck
21 Poki
22 lesr48
23 Kaybee
24 arthurbognor
25 newbee
26 abforfun
27 vin0114
28 Donald Watson
29 Rude Bear
30 jandee
31 Wayne Twilley
32 ravensworth
33 truffs
34 david breed
35 Scammellmanswife
36 andyman
37 HappyBrewer
38 Teasy2007
39 meggie
40 g8ysn
41 PhilandMena
42 Redjumpa
43 aldenise
44 Eve - not yet confirmed
45 the outlaws
46 super fozzy
47 rupert
48 champers

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
Can you take us off the list please as we cannot make it now due to unforeseen circumstances..thanks

hovisbrown

Free Member
May 15, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Auto-Sleeper
Exp
Hi all,
I know it's late and we can't get there until late sat eve, but would there be room for us?
Paul & Sammy

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Paul & Sammy

yes that is not a problem, but please note you would still have to pay the full £30 I'm afraid, as it does include all the entertainment for the Saturday night and the Sunday. If you still want to come then just reply back and I will add you to the list.

thanks
Andrea

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
List thus far *** A Marque will be provided for our use on the Friday evening ***

1 The Stig
2 Manda3000gt
3 Runrig
4 Ralph n Bev
5 Weekenders
6 Shirlandy
7 Canopus
8 12Volt
9 Ambilkate
10 Toffs
11 Andy & Sue
12 Treetops 1
13 bobandjane
14 bobnden
15 Driving
16 Late Starting
17 stephen parkinson
18 shiftZZ
19 dabhand
20 glenduck
22 lesr48
23 Kaybee
24 arthurbognor
25 newbee
26 abforfun
27 vin0114
28 Donald Watson
29 Rude Bear
30 jandee
31 Wayne Twilley
32 ravensworth
33 truffs
34 david breed
35 Scammellmanswife
36 andyman
37 HappyBrewer
38 Teasy2007
39 meggie
40 g8ysn
41 PhilandMena
42 Redjumpa
43 aldenise
45 the outlaws
46 super fozzy
47 rupert
48 champers

hovisbrown

Free Member
May 15, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Auto-Sleeper
Exp
Hi Andrea
Sorry to be a pain, have to give it a miss this time, funny how things all of a sudden creep out of the woodwork to scupper plans.
Regards
Paul

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009

1 The Stig
2 Manda3000gt
3 Runrig
4 Ralph n Bev
5 Weekenders
6 Shirlandy
7 Canopus
8 12Volt
9 Ambilkate
10 Toffs
11 Andy & Sue
12 Treetops 1
13 bobandjane
14 bobnden
15 Driving
16 Late Starting
17 stephen parkinson
18 shiftZZ
19 dabhand
20 glenduck
21 Mr Ed
22 lesr48
23 Kaybee
24 arthurbognor
25 newbee
26 abforfun
27 vin0114
28 Donald Watson
29 Rude Bear
30 jandee
31 Wayne Twilley
32 ravensworth
33 truffs
34 david breed
35 Scammellmanswife
36 andyman
37 HappyBrewer
38 Teasy2007
39 meggie
40 g8ysn
41 PhilandMena
42 Redjumpa
43 aldenise
45 the outlaws
46 super fozzy
47 rupert
48 champers

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
There always has been in the past, so I'm sure there is this time.
They usually site a tap . If I remember rightly it's on the right hand side of the field .

Rude Bear

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Hi stig

sorry but could you take us of the list as my wife hurt her ankle today and is finding it hard to walk, think it would be best to say it wont be better by Friday
Hope to meet up with you all soon

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Umm I know this may sound silly but how do we know where we are suppose to go on arrival of the above post code as it shows houses no field or common .. will it be a game of hide n seek lolol or am i looking in the wrong spot map (wouldnt surprise me :whistle:) ...... hope they are having drier weather than us .. can see us being towed off other wise lolol

kath ps see you all tomorrow

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Hi champers ,
This might help you. I couldn't see where it was from that nap either. Haha.

When Driving on the main road through Saltfleet, the A1031 (running from Cleethorpes to Mablethorpe), take the turning down the side of the petrol station, The Playing Fields are about 200m on the right hand side. (SatNav: Louth Road, Saltfleet, LN11 7SB)

We're looking forward to meeting You and other people we've not met before.
Umm I know this may sound silly but how do we know where we are suppose to go on arrival of the above post code as it shows houses no field or common .. will it be a game of hide n seek lolol or am i looking in the wrong spot map (wouldnt surprise me :whistle:) ...... hope they are having drier weather than us .. can see us being towed off other wise lolol

kath ps see you all tomorrow

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
The forecast says a possibility of a heavy shower tonight and looking out of the window that looks about right. Then cloudy & occasional sunshine until Sunday, when more showers forecast - but by Sunday anything could happen.

The Google maps satellite photo is way out of date. If you follow the sat nav to the postcode in Ralph-n-Bev's post (& assuming you are heading SE), you will get to the petrol station just before the sat nav says you have arrived. Turn right down the side of the petrol station (Louth Road, but I think the sign is still missing, but signposted Skidbrooke) & you will find the field on the right just over the stream. Street View has a more up-to-date view. The ploughed field in the satellite view now has a gate, a hardstanding parking area, grass & goalposts. :)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thankyou for the info..