Help needed to find usb cable (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi guys I can't find a micro usb to dual micro usb cable. I want to connect a keyboard and mouse to a tablet, both keyboard and mouse have a micro plug, but the tablet only has a single micro usb socket. Any ideas where I could get one? Tried Ebay, Amazon and Maplins, but couldn't find one, any ideas?

Ian

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Great these computers aren't they! No idea about the cable but can you Bluetooth one of the items?
Someone with greater knowledge I.e. Some will be along shortly,enjoy the day.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Great these computers aren't they! No idea about the cable but can you Bluetooth one of the items?
Someone with greater knowledge I.e. Some will be along shortly,enjoy the day.

Got a blue tooth mouse, buts its receiver needs a micro usb socket, if I could find a bluetooth mouse that would connect directly to the windows tablet, that would be great.

Ian

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
You could use a USB hub olley. I know that there would be 3 wires but common ones. Some of the splitter USB cables you see by the way have one that supplies power only and are used for peripherals that require more power than one USB socket can supply.

Dick

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Even if you sort out the plugs and sockets I don't think you can just plug them into the micro usb socket on the tablet and expect it to work. I am fairly sure you will need an OTG adaptor as well. This turns the micro usb socket you have into a full sized usb socket but the real thing it does is it makes the socket function like the socket on a computer or laptop, for example you can plug a usb stick into it or, with a splitter, your keyboard and mouse. Technically, it turns the socket into a host for peripherals which the standard micro usb socket you haven't probably isn't.

There are some on here - they are not expensive.

For an explanation on what OTG is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Going to try this bluetooth mouse, it supposedly doesn't need a transceiver.

My success with bluetooth and windows is a bit hit and miss, got 2 bluetooth head phones which connect sometimes, a Tecknet mouse which only connects via its micro usb transceiver and a cheap Veho which connects all the time.

Ian

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Even if you sort out the plugs and sockets I don't think you can just plug them into the micro usb socket on the tablet and expect it to work. I am fairly sure you will need an OTG adaptor as well. This turns the micro usb socket you have into a full sized usb socket but the real thing it does is it makes the socket function like the socket on a computer or laptop, for example you can plug a usb stick into it or, with a splitter, your keyboard and mouse. Technically, it turns the socket into a host for peripherals which the standard micro usb socket you haven't probably isn't.

There are some on here - they are not expensive.

For an explanation on what OTG is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

The tablet came with a OTG cable, but I have connected a keyboard directly to its micro usb socket and it works fine without the OTG cable.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The tablet came with a OTG cable, but I have connected a keyboard directly to its micro usb socket and it works fine without the OTG cable.

Ian
Thanks, devices differ, some need the OTG - others don't! But it might be easier to arrange what you want by using one as you can get a splitter which fiits into it which you can plug two separate micro usb leads. Or use a usb hub as already suggested.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back