Heating Won't Go Off - Aldi System (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We have a Niesmann Bishoff Alto with Alde heating/water system. We had one in our caravan but the control unit is different. Our problem is that we can't get the heating to switch off. We have temp set a 5 degrees (lowest) we're not on mains power and on the menu the gas supply is off yet the system is still running we can hear a fan and the heat coming through.

Has anyone got the same system - can you help please?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There isn't a fan on an Alde system. You might be able to hear the pump running but if it is there should be a symbol on the display like a circle with a couple of arrows.

Is the little green light on the power button lit? If it is the boiler is running and something isn't right.

If you don't have the little green light then the boiler won't be running unless something has gone badly wrong with the system.

It won't be the engine loop unless the engine is running or has been and is still hot. That isn't controlled from the main panel. There should be a knob on the dash somewhere to control that.

Just a thought, on our Rapido, as well as the Alde heating for some reason it has a Truma blown air heater as well. If you have a similar arrangement you haven't accidentally switched it on without realising have you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If set at 5° (or lower than ambient temp) the heating shouldnt work but the hot water still heats up.

The temp set at 5° only stops the circulating pump working, though you may get a little transfered heat to the radiators, so it sounds like you have a thermostat or main control board fault....probably main board as it shows gas off and pump isolated when it isnt off.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi don't know what control panel you have but you possibly need to cycle through the settings and put the pump to off.

Martin

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@NickNic I'm sure there is a fan in the Alde boiler as mine failed on one occasion. ....... but this would not be the problem in this case.

Yes you're right there will be one inside the boiler but you won't hear it. I was thinking more along the lines of a circulating fan in the system as you would have in a blown air system. Either way, as you say, it isn't the issue here.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@Oriel

Are you absolutely sure, that with the gas switched off on the control panel and no EHU the boiler is still running and producing heat? If so you have a major problem somewhere in your control system.. Get it to an expert quickly.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If the problem still exists and is as originally described then I would starve the system of gas by turning off the lpg at the tank..... The Alde would have to shut down then!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi, thanks for your replies.

We've been out of signal area for a bit so have only just contacted Travelworld about the problems, so we'll see what they say.

We've ended up with quite a list of things that need to be sorted out. I think lot of the issues we're having should have been sorted out before handover but perhaps I'm expecting too much. I hope they don't have to keep it as we've only just picked it up.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi, we've found out why the heating wouldn't switch off. In one of the menus there is a setting which you use in very cold weather - it was set at -45 degrees! Obviously the system was trying to heat it up to +5 degrees.

Travelworld were very helpful and resolved the few snags that we'd found with the MH.

Sep 22, 2014
Milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
Since 2000
Remove the black cover from the top of boiler and disconnect the 12v connector wait for 2min reconnect and it should reboot it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back