Flash 10 - Tv Stowage And Light Switch Question... (1 Viewer)

davcom1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Torquay
Funster No
MH
Drop down bed, rear w/r
Exp
6 months
Hi all,

We've just traded in our Swift Mondial RL PVC for a Flash 10. Thanks to working from home and to reduce costs, the MH is our only vehicle.

We had the Mondial for approx. 8 months and only 1 week away but that was enough to decide we needed more space. The Flash 10 feels 2 or 3 times as spacious but still the same length. Its a real-life Tardis!

The Transit is so much smoother than the Boxer but just as rapid, if not more so. We also seem to have Airide fitted.

Anyhow... are there any other owners here who can say where/how they store the TV when on the move? I've swiveled our new Snooper TV to sit on the mattress of the raised electric bed but it doesn't lock in place so I hope it doesn't slide around.

We're lucky enough to have a satellite dome too but for 12V, it seems the dome and the TV only work if the "lights" are switched on at the control panel. ie. The 12V sockets only works if lights are "on".

This seems a bit silly as we can't find how to turn off the lights either side of the cab sunroof, nor the LEDs above the bed?? If there is a way to isolate these then it would be ok... any ideas?

Thanks,

David

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
The lights in the cab should have a switch just on the other side of the storage shelf. Where the light is feel with your hand on the other side and you feel a light switch. The lights over the bed have their own switch on one end the strip. A little push button. We have a flash 510 and that's where ours is :)
The TV we used to travel with it in place but Italy's down so just undo it and put it in a TV bag. Thinking of trying something else as its a pain to remove.

OP
OP
D

davcom1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Torquay
Funster No
MH
Drop down bed, rear w/r
Exp
6 months
Spidey - thanks so much for the info.

It would have probably taken me days to find the switches for the lights either side of the sunroof!

I've removed the TV along with the back plate. I'll probably just use the triangular back nut to re-attach when on site and rely on the second bolt to simply keep the TV aligned without putting the nut back on. I'm sure this will suffice as our TV is very light. Now to get some kind of TV bag!

Thanks again,

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Those side switches sure are well hidden !!

Regarding the strip lights above the bed, if the bed is lowered way down the lights are too high to reach to switch on and off so I cut into the power supply wires to each of the two strip lights, and extended the wires down to a new switch fitted just above the seat back. One strip light angled to the ceiling and one angled down. The one angled down acts as a nice "mood" light when the bed is up and the one pointing at the ceiling doesn't blind you when you use it with the bed down.

If anyone is interested I put up a picture.

OP
OP
D

davcom1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Torquay
Funster No
MH
Drop down bed, rear w/r
Exp
6 months
Sounds like a clever improvement mod Geordies - I would welcome a photo!

I've noticed that the top screws in the bed guide runner that sits on the "bulkhead" are loose so will need to look at those.

We've now go a proper TV bag - brilliant! The TV has the backplate left screwed on the back and this all now sits in the storage over the cab. I just use a single clamping knob to attach to the TV bracket. Simple and only takes a minute.

I've also now added reversing sensors, Ford specific Android head unit with SatNav etc, plus connected a new reversing camera and added a nice dash cam. Oh, and a nice big digital clock (thanks Aldi!) in the main area.

My next job is likely to be some kind of strap or door stop for the washroom tambour door as is tending to slam shut going around roundabouts.... perhaps I should just slow down a bit :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My next job is likely to be some kind of strap or door stop for the washroom tambour door as is tending to slam shut going around roundabouts.... perhaps I should just slow down a bit :)
We have a tambour door and it has a simple little strap on the ceiling on the outside of the washroom which we just pop round to the inside of it where there is a little press-stud type button base screwed to the ceiling onto which the strap attaches ... I've managed to find images on the web which I think help ... its the black strap in the photos:

shower.jpg
strap.jpg

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Sounds like a clever improvement mod Geordies - I would welcome a photo!

We travel with the washroom tambour door shut, the edge magnets prevent it opening.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Mine has a Velcro strap to hold it in place. Don't they all come with that for the Chausson?

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
sorry double post

OP
OP
D

davcom1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Torquay
Funster No
MH
Drop down bed, rear w/r
Exp
6 months
Unfortunately mine doesn't stay closed or open. The magnet running along the edge of the tambour doesn't fully match up with the fixed part. Its going to be either some kind of door wedge or a popper/velcro strap.

Minxy - that looks ideal! I might have to invest in a popper inserter tool!

On a positive note, nice to see the Chausson 610 take the Motorhome of the year award in MMM. :)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
The switch in the photo below is just from Maplin, 2 position centre off, the cable is brown 4 core alarm wire, obviously two cores per light. As the lights are LED there is a very small current to them, which means that the cable supplying them is very thin. So, with the lights power off, cut the positive cable just before it enters the light fitting, tho give yourself an inch to play with. Strip back the insulation on both cut ends and then connect one core from the brown alarm wire to each (that's both LED lights). I soldered them together and insulated with heatshrink. Mind, the wires are VERY thin don't be heavy handed. Make sure the switches on the lights are set to ON. Then you connect the wires onto your switch and box it up. Switching on the power to the lights and both LED strip lights should now work from the new switch.

light switch.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back