Escaped a fridge repair bill!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
As it got hotter and hotter in Spain I turned the fridge up to its highest setting and tried to keep the sun off the vents by using the awning when possible. We noticed the door seal didn't seem to be gripping and every time we opened the door there was a strong smell of cheese which we weren't too surprised by considering the amount of cheese in the fridge! It was only when the beers were still warm after 2 days in the fridge that we realised it wasn't cooling properly. I read lots of threads on the forum and was expecting to need an engineer to clean the jets or something similar. It got a bit technical for me!! Anyway I read somewhere that the fridges aren't always happy on the highest setting so I decided to turn the fridge back to the middle setting and hey presto after 2 weeks of warm beers we now have cold beers, no cheesy smell when we open the door and the seal is gripping again. Thought I would share this with you in case it helps anyone else. (y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'll have to remember that one. We had the same trouble a few weeks ago in the heat.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
I've tried that. Noticed on EHU whilst at home my cans of "wife beater and donkey " ( Stella and 1664) were not at there coldest. Noticed that although the fridge was set at it highest, the freezer compartment was warm. Anyway, after a few "Bulmers with ice", turned the fridge off for 12 hrs, re set temp to middle, and hey presto, cold lager is back on the menu:)
We use gas when we are away, and have no problem....

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I've tried that. Noticed on EHU whilst at home my cans of "wife beater and donkey " ( Stella and 1664) were not at there coldest. Noticed that although the fridge was set at it highest, the freezer compartment was warm. Anyway, after a few "Bulmers with ice", turned the fridge off for 12 hrs, re set temp to middle, and hey presto, cold lager is back on the menu:)
We use gas when we are away, and have no problem....
we were on gas for several days but still had warm beer, turning it down has definitely done the trick. Pleased I discovered a cure before I paid an engineer. More money for beer now:cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back