Rally [Jul 31, 2015] Falkirk Wheel Meet (Falkirk) (1 Viewer)

barnacle

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Humbie, Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newish
I have had my own boat up and down the wheel at least 15 times since it opened so we won't be doing the boat trip.
I will ask Jan about the breakfast thing when we get back from work tonight and let you know.
Hope to be there Friday during the day sometime with Jan joining later when she finishes work. Looking forward to meeting new and catching up with old friends!!!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Ahem! @andy63 don't me and mum have mouths. :LOL:
Put us down for the brekkie and mum down for the boat trip. I've done it so happy to look after @DavidG58 dog so he can do it.
ok added you and mum :).. think that's it ... 27 for boat and 22 for breakfast and im sure one or two either way wont matter on the day.

could you check to see if ive got numbers right and if @barnacle and @JPS want adding im sure that will be fine..
boat &bun bkfst
sat sun
irnbru 1 2
Allan & Loren 2 2
IanS 1 1
Al-di 2 0
ldv 400 2 2
JPS 0 0
Davanne 2 2
iomranh 1 1
Barnacle 0 0
Andy63 2 2
Tartanlass 1 1
Oldflemo 0 0
Terry 1 1
DavidG58 1 1
George Graham 1 1
Simson 2 2
Kernewek 0 1
Hoot 007 2 2
Graham X 2 0
Beerdrinker 1 0
Rupert 1 1
mags52 (sat night) 2 0
and if ive picked it up right when you clock in book and pay for the boat trip at the same time...mentioning you are with fun for your pound discount..
take it you just pay for breakfast when you get it and numbers is just to give them an idea of how many to cater for..

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Don't think we could cope with the 8 mile round trip (in the rain :D)

Here you go. Optimal solution - they hire tandems as well. Andy on the front peddling and steering whilst you're on the back pretend peddling and holding the umbrella!:):giggle:

Ahem! @andy63 don't me and mum have mouths.

Oh please, please, please let me keep biting my tongue!:imoutahere:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
For those of you that Want to visit the kelpies. Some info here.
There is nothing to see inside really so I would suggest you don't take the tour unless the fires going out and you have money to burn :LOL:

www.thehelix.co.uk

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:glitter: I have emailed them to ask if we can use our own boats :)

If not this weekend maybe they will have other events (can't do first weekend in August as we are motor-homin'-roamin')

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just finishing packing, then off to Jedburgh tonight, Carol Kirkwood has worked some magic on the forecast for the weekend :):)

was just checking euros for a trip later this year and found some Scottish notes left over from my trip to Durness in January, are they still legal tender, have they changed in value since then :LOL::LOL:

see some tonight and all tomorrow (y)

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Have a great time everyone........really sorry to be missing this meet x

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have just been informed it's raining down south.
Please leave it there and don't bring it with you. We have enough of our own.
A nice sunny morning.
Safe travels everyone.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
For those of you that Want to visit the kelpies. Some info here.
There is nothing to see inside really so I would suggest you don't take the tour unless the fires going out and you have money to burn :LOL:

www.thehelix.co.uk
Not wishing to contradict but, we did the guided tour around the Kelpies last year .... it was not very expensive and we found it well worthwhile for the added info and the guide's light hearted banter. As @irnbru says there is nothing inside but an interesting insight to the construction and an appreciation of size.... oh, and some horseshoes!

Hope everyone enjoys the meet ... wish we could be there.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Have a super time everyone, won't be dropping in as we have had a bit of a upsetting week and as they say it comes in 3's, other family business taking over.
There is a super little diy/ironmonger type shop in Jedburgh that stocks everything under the sun for anyone stopping there.(y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We've got a sinking feeling up here today!:eek:

***News Flash***.......
Geologists, after much investigation and due consideration, believe it's as a result of a massive shift in weight migrating up from south of the border and an associated rumble of wheels. Whilst still to be confirmed it is believed the epicentre of the anomaly is close to Falkirk. Considerable concerns are being raised that the unprecedented increase in weight may have a detrimental impact on previous old coal mine workings giving rise to a serious risk of tunnel collapse.

It is understood a number of citizens are fleeing the area on bicycles along the canal banks. There is considerable concern over the sobriety of these individuals as a huge pile of empty wine and beer bottles has been discovered near to the iconic Falkirk Wheel.

A Government spokesperson calls for the populace to remain calm and be vigilant but states be prepared to take to the lifeboats. They advise the populace should continue to follow Fun Forum for further news and developments.
***News Flash*** ends

***News Update***.......
Residents of Central Belt Scotland are demanding the Scottish Government deploys military forces to the Falkirk area to keep peace and order. Whilst not required, the residents are complaining bitterly that they cannot get their beauty sleep as a result of the riotous behaviour of those visiting to view the recent ground sinkage resulting from the previously reported geological anomaly.
***News Update*** ends

At a loose end this morning or what!:giggle:

Have a great weekend gang!(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh goodie. I'm up for a jelly or two @georgegraham.

Just to make it clear the jellies aren't drugs incase anyone jumps to wrong conclusions :)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If anyone has a gazebo can they bring it please. Ive borrowed one but maybe could do with another if the weather gets lousy.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
For those of you that are wilding in Scotland tonight just a wee reminder of the drink driving laws here being much less than rest of the UK. Proceed with care.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
For those of you that are wilding in Scotland tonight just a wee reminder of the drink driving laws here being much less than rest of the UK. Proceed with care.

Yes, it's easy to be over the limit the day after even if you just have a couple of drinks.

Best plan is no alcohol or just have the one (single).

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
20150731_094457.jpg
If you are fast you might see the sunshine that's just put in an appearance.

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
I've just finished work and am officially on holiday :D Charlotte is all packed apart from our clothes. Next stop Gloucester this evening and then hopefully over the border tomorrow.

We are hoping to join you before lunchtime on Sunday but much depends on our progress on Saturday. That picture has me wishing I could be there already @irnbru ! Have a great time everybody :)

barnacle

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Humbie, Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newish
I've got 5 tickets for Tom Jones tomorrow night at Falkirk Football Stadium if anybody is interested!!! I won't be going!!!!!!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Sandra, Hope you all have a wonderful time. Will be thinking of you and wishing was there.

(have you sent that text yet?)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp