Look forward to the pictures after you have sorted it Terry :clap2:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well here's the update --It's been for the 600 quid respray :DPaul got it back on Thursday T time and what a lovely mess it is -After having the van for 13 days it has been returned and it's been painted with a roller and brush:eek::eek::eek::eek: When Paul looked at it and told him refusing to pay the rest of the cash IE we gave him £200 up front -now he has threatened to take Paul TO THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT TO GET THE REST OF THE MONEY :D:D:D:LOL:Paul has spent all day rubbing it down ready for the next paint -No idea if these pics will show the orange peel but you will get the drift ;)Bodge is not the word for it :LOL:It looked better as a Rotting banana :DForgot to say he's filled some dents but not rubbed them down simply brush painted them over
terry
I'm thinking
I did a better job
on a reliant regal
with an old Electrolux hoover

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Today's update --it has all been rubbed down and ready for filling and a final rub down before painting (y)-We are prepping it and then painting it in Andy's factory -Andy says he will paint it (y)or I can do it in the factory (y)but it looks like my mate Andy will be doing it ;)(y)hopefully over the next weekend :)Meanwhile myself and Paul fitted worktop sink, cooker and fridge/freezer and made a cupboard in the loo for the sink --Colin has made the frames for the Beds and are done ready to be fixed in place (y):D
terry
P1030591.JPG
P1030592.JPG
P1030593.JPG
P1030594.JPG
P1030595.JPG

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Well here's the update --It's been for the 600 quid respray :DPaul got it back on Thursday T time and what a lovely mess it is -After having the van for 13 days it has been returned and it's been painted with a roller and brush:eek::eek::eek::eek: When Paul looked at it and told him refusing to pay the rest of the cash IE we gave him £200 up front -now he has threatened to take Paul TO THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT TO GET THE REST OF THE MONEY :D:D:D:LOL:Paul has spent all day rubbing it down ready for the next paint -No idea if these pics will show the orange peel but you will get the drift ;)Bodge is not the word for it :LOL:It looked better as a Rotting banana :DForgot to say he's filled some dents but not rubbed them down simply brush painted them over
terry
What a mess! ,,,,,,, piss and paint well he cant paint.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi David,NO TO FRIDGE yours is black and in my van (y)All grey has been rubbed off van so back to green and yellow ready for primer --No Paul did not get the £200 back :LOL: the guy genuinely thought he had made a great job of the van :LOL: Me I would have knocked him into next week :)and got the 200 (y)
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Was the painter Picasso by any chance?

What a bummer having to rub it all off........probably no primer!

Minor setback Terry will look great when you've finished it.

Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Now the beds are in temporary I am liking the front lounge layout better than the rear lounge (y)But I also like the rear for the fact it's easy to leave as a double bed and forget about sleeping on the single (y):rolleyes::whistle::LOL:
terry

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You are doing a good job Terry. I've had a few chuckles reading this thread.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You are doing a good job Terry. I've had a few chuckles reading this thread.
I have also had a few chuckles doing this van ;):DAs of yesterday at 4.30 the van is now going to be what it originally was Silver ;)There is still time to change and I await next Monday to see if it is Silver :)I will know for sure after we do a small test to see what the plonker (kind name) used to paint it with to see if it reacts to what we are using or if we need to get an Isolator -No doubt he did not use a proper/primer to do the plastic bits with so anything can happen:LOL:
terry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Good luck with the spray job this time Terry. I'm surprised Paul payed him ! You could always do what some of our Isaacs mates are doing to their cars. Painting them to look like rusty old sheds.......I know mad. Perfectly good paint , originally. Then purposely making them rust!
You can even get them wrapped for the same effect like this one!
image.jpg

Different , I suppose........

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I thought ratting Jettas, Golfs and T4s was bad enough, but a T5????!!!!!!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Haha I know, mad. You should see our neighbours if any come round. :Eeek:
I wouldn't mind we have speed bumps down the lane to stop people cutting through the old road . If they are lowered too you can hear the scrapes before you see the ratter !

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Now the beds are in temporary I am liking the front lounge layout better than the rear lounge (y)But I also like the rear for the fact it's easy to leave as a double bed and forget about sleeping on the single (y):rolleyes::whistle::LOL:
terry
C'mon, make your mind up :giggler:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Good luck with the spray job this time Terry. I'm surprised Paul payed him ! You could always do what some of our Isaacs mates are doing to their cars. Painting them to look like rusty old sheds.......I know mad. Perfectly good paint , originally. Then purposely making them rust!
You can even get them wrapped for the same effect like this one!
View attachment 70504
Different , I suppose........
Paul took him at his word and payed him £200 upfront -:DAll I can say is it wasn't my money :LOL:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
hammerite.... anybody remeber that, I once sprayed a 2000e ford corsair with it in " hammered black" at least it was better than the origanal monkey bum pink

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We have done a CB with Hammerite smooth with a roller and cut in with a brush -quite a good finish on a ripply van rear,but the orange peel /brush and roller marks on this van are in a different league:D
Anyway we spent a couple of hours last night rubbing it down to get rid of all the grey until we ran out of sanding pads 100@120 grit used all over the weekend and last night,so a trip to paint suppliers for more:LOL: The paint on the test bit is reacting against the paint he has used so for the sake of 70 quid-ish we will use an isolator just to be on the safe side (y)It sounds a lot of pads but the paint is not dry in places so it clogs the pads so you have to get another on and move to somewhere else and leave that bit overnight to dry off more :D
Lesson learned -do not let anyone touch the van unless you have seen there work first ;) even then they could do what I know others have done and show you something that has been done by others claiming it to be there work :eek::(Another couple of hours and all traces of the grey will be gone (y)then onto the filling bits ;):)
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Update for last night -We did another couple of hours sanding on the van using about 20 x 80 grit pads and several 120s-Almost all traces of the grey are now gone so today it's onto 350 pads and filler and some hand sanding :eek: then over the weekend paint (y)Paul is sheeting up a portion of the factory with plastic sheeting to stop over spray and throwing in a heater so everything is nice cosy and warm -I won't be there over the weekend so I will not be able to say if they had a disaster or 2 to get over :DNo doubt when I get the tale everything will have gone perfect ;) no reaction from any paint no runs nothing (y)Hopefully just a nice paint job to get the van back on track (y)Not sure if he will get away for the 3rd week in August (but it should not be far away)He can always borrow mine so long as it does not clash with Wrenbury :D
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back