Motorhome UK violent robbery - crime watch (1 Viewer)

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Were they gassed"...oh no not again.:coffee:

Thanks for the head up..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
MoHo being used by guard overnight on business premises to deter thieves.

They attacked him in MoHo and hab door was not even locked.

Not much relevance to normal MoHo users on holiday.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Mindless violence......
Briefly, the victim - a man in his 50's - was the brother of the owner of an industrial unit in Purfleet Essex. He stayed in the Motorhome overnight as 'security' for the unit. That's where the MH aspect leaves the story.

A number of thugs broke in to the yard and set about him in the 'van. They used pepper spray on him, then a stun gun, then beat him senseless, then wound black gaffer tape round his head until it covered his eyes and nose. Fearing that they would continue the tape and prevent him breathing, he held one hand to his face. This, too was taped to his face, but provided at least some air.

Then, more beatings, leaving him with a damaged eye socket, paralysis of part of his face and numerous other injuries. After failing to get keys to the premises, they left him staggering around, semi-naked and unable to see because of the tape. Luckily a lorry driver saw him and called the police.

I know the female officer involved in this case. She is not a shrinking violet, but you could see by her account on TV that even she was shocked by the level of gratuitous violence used.

Hope they catch them.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I saw the programme yesterday. Its shocking what some people will do to another human being. The poor guy has lost vision in one of his eyes.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
MoHo being used by guard overnight on business premises to deter thieves.

They attacked him in MoHo and hab door was not even locked.

Not much relevance to normal MoHo users on holiday.

Yes, absolutely no connection whatsoever with general motor homing but a horrible vicious crime non the less.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I had not seen the program before I posted it....

But, tomorrow night I was due to stay overnight on an Industrial estate with my 6 year old Grandson. Having given it some more thought, I have decided to stay on a CL/CS and drive over early in the morning.

I think it is relevant in fairness. If one of us was staying overnight outside TravelWorld, an accessory dealer (Think Tow Bars/Satellite fitters etc. And some evil feckers mistook one of us for overnight security and we had no keys (the victim refused to tell the robbers where the keys were). Then what?

I think we should all consider the risks before doing so in the future.

TM

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
as a trucker I have stayed on ind estates on all over Europe and the UK. I have never seen any problems . the violence that man suffered was well over the top. we don't what was in that warehouse. but it was not worth that. I hope he recovers.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi cruiser.
So have i but,remember the French lorry driver who was awakened on an english Ind Est. by three or four,"Chaps" complete with a baseball bat who ,"Only wanted to chat to him " in their defence statement ? He defended himself with a knife,and one chap died. Never heard a lot more about that,one Ind Est in Bristol had security cabins on each junction a few years back,a lot now have,"No Overnight Parking" on them.
Sorry for the chap,but a warning to a couple of posters who through no fault of their own,wanted somewhere to lay their heads for a few weeks,and someone suggested(And i thought it a good idea) asking someone ON an Ind Est if for being allowed to stay on site for free,they may deter thieves. Guess this is now a no.no.
Tea Bag

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I would have thought parking a Motorhome or caravan overnight on an industrial estate was absolute stupidity, whether it has security people or not however tired one may be. I feel sorry for the driver, he was just doing his job.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I have parked in motorway services. in my truck. and seen people try to get into motorhomes, and caravans. In the middle of the day. so you are not safe even in the day.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I would have thought parking a Motorhome or caravan overnight on an industrial estate was absolute stupidity, whether it has security people or not however tired one may be. I feel sorry for the driver, he was just doing his job.
It probably is stupid but I have parked on Ind estates overnight outside units for the fitting of alarms, repairs to seat covers, upgrading of suspension etc the following morning without problems.

My GSD cross may gave helped.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back