Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2014
Hi. The middle panel of our awning keeps deflating I have to pump it up twice a day. I have taken the covers off and checked for any leek age in the sink but no air bubbles. Any ideas?

On another note we had problems with the attachment to pump this up, I referred this back to the store of purchase who in turn spoke to the manufacturers, abviously Iwas not the first to complain as they have sent out a new attachment that works like a dream

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
I would check the seams around that area .. might have a tiny hole in it... had the same issue with my air frame tent... something to be said for poles lol...

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Had a problem on my air tent when first bought. The problem was around the inflation point. I just got a replacement tube, obviously no charge as it was new.
Been great ever since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Not sure if this might invalidate any warranty or even work but would a tube of that bicycle puncture repair stuff do the trick. When I used it on the bike awhile back it did not fix the puncture but oozed out through the hole in the tube letting me know where the puncture was. You never know, it might even seal the leak........Take care though, it might not be suitable for the material in your awning....:smiley:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Not sure if this might invalidate any warranty or even work but would a tube of that bicycle puncture repair stuff do the trick. When I used it on the bike awhile back it did not fix the puncture but oozed out through the hole in the tube letting me know where the puncture was. You never know, it might even seal the leak........Take care though, it might not be suitable for the material in your awning....:smiley:
Whilst happy to potentially write off a cycle inner tube, an air beam would be a slightly different and much more expensive prospect if it all went belly up....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back