Rewire Nano102 Tracker (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looking through an old thread which includes a link to this tracker but.....

Can someone tell me the running costs in real terms and which network is the sim for.

By real terms i mean does the included payg sim credit expire after 30 days or does it remain until all used for texts ? (Cost of texts doesnt matter)
what im thinking is, i put on £10 credit and theres no need for alerts then after 30 days the credit expires thats £10 gone 'just in case it moves'

The blurb says it only works on a 2g sim.....correct or false, has anyone tried a 3g ?

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Cant believe this thread hasnt even got a negative or " i have a !!!!!!!! tracker" remark.

I know some members have them as they posted a while back but cant find the thread now

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Hi
We have the Rewire nano 102 tracker it uses a Lyca 2g sim

We put £30 on it & it still has £24 left in credit (y)

We dial it up every month just to "wake " it up but it seems fine
Just takes off the 15p charge for the outgoing text.

Our Spanish phone just cancelled with 25 Euro in credit because we hadn't used it for a few months.

Don't think it will work on 3G.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I don't think it needs 3g, it only sends a text, but mine worked with a sim card which was 3g but round here it probably only got a 2g signal. They (3g cards) are, to the best of my knowledge, backwards compatible. I didn't think you could even get a 2g sim card these days but if you can and they are cheap to run they sound ideal. Mine used to cost me something like 40p a text, which I wasn't bothered about as I only used it for a short period for a specific purpose. :)

Edit: Just discovered this: Broken Link Removed
£5.00 a month. I also see GiffGaff do something similar for the same price.

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
They only work with 2g SIM cards, mine came with one in, but I found out it expired and was cancelled after not being used for 80 odd days. I rang the company ( I think it was Lebara) and the transferred the credit to another sim. I rang rewire, they said that shouldn't happen and they would contact Lebara to sort it out. Rewire sent me another sim anyway.
Good job I didn't need to use the tracker when it had been cancelled!
Anyway, I now have 2 Nano 102's with different sims as well as the original tracker fitted. I send a test call to both Nano trackers every month even though I am told ( again) that they won't expire if not used.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back