How To Remove The Fixed Table (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
hello all out there I can usually figure most things out for myself ,however I Seem to be stumped on this one. We have a new Hymer Exsis i698 and would like to take out the all singing & dancing table. I have removed the four screws from the base and removed the table top but it is still firmly fixed .I can't see any fixings from underneath the van and can only assume it's fixed between the top and bottom floor somewhere.
Any advice would be gratefully received

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If on wood it must be fixed below then. On lino if owt like Rapido it just sticks and needs a good belt or a blade under to start it off

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think it's fixed again further down I can make the whole van rock and it's still stuck fast,looks like a lot of floor to take up.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just curious.. why ?
Well It takes up a lot of space and we want to put a travel cage for the dogs on the floor and we like the idea of not having the table there all the time,we can use a small folding table which gives us more room when we're chilling out when parked up.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
ok.. just wondered..
I like the fixed table in ours, love the way it slides back and forth in all directions.. .. good bit of engineering, just seems a shame to remove it..

However, it would be useful if it could be removed and used outside.. save carrying another table..

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
ok.. just wondered..
I like the fixed table in ours, love the way it slides back and forth in all directions.. .. good bit of engineering, just seems a shame to remove it..

However, it would be useful if it could be removed and used outside.. save carrying another table..

Agree with you Jim we like the way it moves about but it's not practical with the cage.
Still not sure that I can take it out yet but will keep at it.
Loath to go to a dealer at the prices they charge!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If you've removed perimeter screws it can only be fixed in the centre, is there nothing to see at all?

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If you've removed perimeter screws it can only be fixed in the centre, is there nothing to see at all?
No nothing at all these Exsis have a sealed floor,I'm going to have a look above the heat shield of the silencer but I'm not to hopeful, I will take your advice and perhaps a good clout with heavy rubber hammer will do the trick.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No nothing at all these Exsis have a sealed floor,I'm going to have a look above the heat shield of the silencer but I'm not to hopeful, I will take your advice and perhaps a good clout with heavy rubber hammer will do the trick.
No don't! it is very unlikely that it would stick on wood.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

found a thread on facts that suggest it is 'stuck' to the floor

I had to give the pillar a sharp ‘tap’ to break the adhesion it seemed to have with the floor. In reality it was the painted surface on the underside of the pillar fixing plate adhering to the floor surface. This left the floor looking like this

Broken Link Removed

cant post the link.. but google "remove table in hymer" and look at the thread on facts

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There must be a simple answer to this but I expect Hymer keep it to themselves.
The table is certainly solid even without the four fixing bolts it must be fixed on the next bit of floor down question is how to get to it?:thanks3:

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
found a thread on facts that suggest it is 'stuck' to the floor

I had to give the pillar a sharp ‘tap’ to break the adhesion it seemed to have with the floor. In reality it was the painted surface on the underside of the pillar fixing plate adhering to the floor surface. This left the floor looking like this

Broken Link Removed

cant post the link.. but google "remove table in hymer" and look at the thread on facts
Thanks Jim looks like the answer to me I will use my chippying skills to cut underneath it with a fine blade,see if I can avoid those marks:thanks3:
Will keep you informed as to my progress.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
If your thinking of selling it can we have first shout? If not we would be happy to "look after it" until you need it back!!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thanks Jim looks like the answer to me I will use my chippying skills to cut underneath it with a fine blade,see if I can avoid those marks:thanks3:
Will keep you informed as to my progress.
Looks like the marks are only paint from the steel base and should sand off

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If yours looks the same as in the picture posted by Jim, it just needs a decent 'shove'. Mine is the same and, having failed to get the table out a couple of years ago, I asked Lee at Edgehill Motorhomes how to do it. He said 'just give it a good clout near the bottom of the pillar'. It worked to me, but you do have to be quite brutal. The machine screws pass through four metal tubes (spacers) before locating in threaded holes in a mounting plate beneath the top floor. In my case (single floor) the plate is mounted on the underside of the floor but invisible as it is above the fuel tank.
Removing the table made the task of replacing batteries a whole lot easier as they are located beneath the L-shaped settee behind the table.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I think it's fixed again further down I can make the whole van rock and it's still stuck fast,looks like a lot of floor to take up.

I would replace the four bolts, but leave the heads slightly proud (1/2 inch) and then give each of them a slight tap to see if they retract even further and allow the table to become free?
It's possible that the long bolt attachments have pulled through too far and are fouling the base of the table.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If your thinking of selling it can we have first shout? If not we would be happy to "look after it" until you need it back!!
Hi Mousy I think we will be keeping it for the time being but if we decide we don't want will give you first refusal.:)

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I would replace the four bolts, but leave the heads slightly proud (1/2 inch) and then give each of them a slight tap to see if they retract even further and allow the table to become free?
It's possible that the long bolt attachments have pulled through too far and are fouling the base of the table.
Thanks Sifta Sam I will give it a try let you know what happens tomorrow:thanks3:

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks to everyone who has replied I now think I can get it sorted will keep you updated:ta:

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hello to all The information that you all provided particularly ScotJimLands pictures were just the tonic I have now removed the table without any damage and just need to clean the paint off the floor and put some temporary plugs in the holes.:mnythnks:
What a really great forum to be part of it certainly lives up to its reputation:party2:Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back