Mousy Goes To France Day One.. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I leave you all alone for a day and you end up having erotic thoughts, French lessons and highlighting perceived grammatical errors! What are you like!

We broke camp in Geraudot after 2 days of swimming in the lake and an unexpectedly long bike ride. We feel rested and restored enough for the 250 mile drive to Annecy. If we weren't meeting friends there we would happily stay in this area. I'm concerned that heading further south it will become hotter and we are all still wilting in the heat. We aim to leave at 9.00am so naturally it's past 11 by the time we drive off. Sat nav is co pilot on iPad being charged with its new cable, we are good to roll.
We pass huge acreages of wheat fields,stretching to the horizon golden in the sun, no hedgerows but every now and then interspersed with groups of trees. Gradually the landscape changes to more trees and wooded valleys, we leave the arable farms behind and enter a land of forests, mountains peak at us from the horizon and the 5 hour drive is soon over. We drop down into Annecy, by now I'm fed up with listening to the boys musical tastes so my iPhone gets synced to the Bose and the sound track to pitch perfect blares out, the look of horror on their faces is priceless, it's Glee and I pretend to know all the words and songs actions.
image.jpg

After another supermarket sweep and a fuel refill we remember to fill up with water on the way into the new campsite. Our drills are getting better although doing anything in this heat is exhausting and makes us all fractious. This campsite is busier than the last with lots of young children, I fear we have left the laid back vibe behind.
image.jpg

Our pitch is at the end of a row next to the meadow with the mountains behind. we can hear English being spoken, why is it always nicer listening to French, Dutch or German parents berating their kids on holiday? I guess cos you can fool yourself that they are having a good time. In English there is little doubt.
image.jpg

It must be catching because 10 mins later whilst laying the table one of the boys grabs a loo roll to take outside. Oh Please! I've got colour coordinated napkins that match the awning, what are they thinking? After a tense supper of left overs masquerading as a pasta bake i realise I'm loosing the plot, it all feels like hard work again and small niggles are getting to me. I take myself off to the lake for a swim and have a serious word with myself. It really is beautiful, the sun is slipping behind a mountain on the left and to the right is a yacht with beautiful people enjoying a sundowner, I can hear kids playing in the waters further along and as I swim in the deliciously warm water a little duck with her babies pushes through the reeds. The lake soothes me and returning back to the van to find it tidy and the washing up done increases my mood further, peace is restored to the Mouses.
image.jpg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, we had to amuse ourselves while waiting for your post didn't we! Sorry for hijacking your thread, but we've started something big here. A virtual French class - REAL French language lessons that you can't get from a book. Glad you are at Annecy and hopefully starting to chill. The photos are lovely. Are you visiting mont Blanc while you're there? Does the campsite have a 'Groovy Club' and if so have Haz and George joined?

Keep the posts coming and go into @yodeli Frankie's 'class' to learn how to converse with the locals with ease!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Looks lovely but I have to ask a question.

Surely nothing can have the nomenclature 'bake' unless you bake it - ie in an oven? LOL looks more like Lobby Italiano to me. But since you are en France, I guess it was a melange Italienne?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Cheers to the mouses.. I'm smiling on the way to work on the train :cheers:
Bon voyage

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mousey, mousey's or is that micey's etc I'll not go there ;):)Your colour coordinated napkins put a smile on my face and reminded me of Ann :LOL: she used to make me find tissue boxes that were red so they matched the red upholstery in the van :DStill got about 4 or 5 boxes but no red interior in this new van :)Enjoying reading about your travels (y)All the best:)
terry

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just read all 5 pages this morning, I shall be chuckling all day. Makes my 3 week's in France seem so mundane (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
can i come out of the corner now please?

Not on your nelly! I'm gonna break Rule 1 again so I can join you there!(y)

The last time I will hijack the 'Mousies' thread, but @scousebird and @Gellyneck - Mousy is a name, so surely the plural would be the Mouses, as in the Ramsey family - the Ramsies.....? I think we are sailing very close to Rule 1 territory, so I shall allow you both out of the naughty/dunces corner! ;):)

What the heck has a deid Egyptian Pharaoh got to do wi this thread?:confused: Don't tell me Mrs M has now stuck The Bangles Walk Like An Egyptian on the gramaphone thingy tae further p** off the lads?:eek:

As fur dunces! I've already told Scousy tae hing aboot in there as a'll be back in a minute so who's a dunce now then Geri babe?:p (Eh Scousy if she's still there!:unsure:)

Come on, come on, come on @Mousy we're getting fractious waiting on the next instalment.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Colour coordinated napkins that match the awning?

Bloody hell, that's worse than my wife:D
I think it's a woman thing.....we like to have everything coordinating ;) bedding...towels...tea towels....napkins.....cushions....even the washing up bowl.....why don't men realise these things are important to a woman:rofl:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
@Mousy We need someone like you to run the Country. Cool in a crisis or what!!!

If you're going to Annecy, can you let me know the way you routed around the Swiss border please. I'm going to Annecy in a month or two and don't want to go through Switzerland and pay the Vignette (like I did last year).

Really hope you get across ok.

We got to border control on way to Annecy and a very pleasant border guard/policeman asked us where we were headed.When we said Annecy he asked if we intended using motorways.I looked at sat nav,shrugged and said "not if I can help it" He grinned and waved us through.(y)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Just read through all of this. Keep posting your updates. You've a fab way with words. Really. Got me chuckling several times....

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Mousy:
one top tip from a parent who took her teenagers of similar age to Annecy last summer
AVOID THE TARTIFLETTE
You will need your "happy bowl" and excellent ventilation for considerable time
I feel so heartened that this is my offsprings main memory of staying in such a beautiful location:p

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
what camp site is that please. have stayed On Europa and Le Lac Blue before now....Enjoy your family time together..not much of it in the busy lives we lead these days. we cherish the times we spent with the kids.

Eddies Top Tip: drive at night... That way you don't get the "are we there yet" and all the associated grief that goes with it! "i'm hungry" " I need a pee"...whatever! and avoid horrendous summertime traffic :)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpg

This is just along from our campsite, after an early for us 9.30am swim in the lovely clear water we came back for breakfast and a rest, being on holiday is knackering! Or should I say we are all fatigued (pronounced fat e glued!). Harry had the first night in the tent yesterday so George was "up top" and we were back in the back. A good nights sleep was had by all. Think poor George may have been mentally scared for life though as he's seen abit more of me than a son should see, a naked mousy clambering in and out of bed is not a pretty sight..,
Actually Harry says he had "f@&£ all sleep" disturbed by the crying kids next door, a guy using a compressor to inflate his boat, the birds, being hungry and sharing his tent with a selection of biting insects. So far he's lovin the holiday. Also have I mentioned its bloody hot?
image.jpg

This is adequate compensation though.
I can recommend the strawberry custard tart thing, although my French must be really bad because I thought I was asking for a baguette.
And before you all start trying to teach me de lingo save your breath, it's all foreign to me..
Nightly update later.
Thanks for the encouragement, mercy beau cop fellow funsters.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh no! Can see the vanilla slices from here!:(

SEE! Its winking at me....,

Last edited:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
All a bit to gooey for me! I like the English jam Do-nuts, long stlcky buns, an them long cream an jam sugary buns from Tescos!! If anyone knows how to make That Cream can you give me the recipe! !

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpg

This is the route we took, minus the half hour trip round the wrong side of the lake looking for diesel and the camp site.

Just finished off a bottle of bubbly whilst waiting for the BBQ to heat up, may be posting later, may not be!

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
This is where we are...
image.jpg

I think it's the only campsite with direct access to the lake. As we sit in the shade of the awning and trees we watch an endless procession of people with all manner of aquatic toys. Dingies, lilos, rubber rings, inflatable boats with engines and canoes. We've left all our toys at home. I wasn't sure about swimming in the lake as I hate swimming in muddy or dark water but the water is crystal clear and the bottom is sandy. We've hardly been out of the water since we arrived including ruby. We all went snorkelling this afternoon but other than small fish, clams and reeds didn't see much.
image.jpg

I watched a small boat on the edge of the lake with a French mother and her little boy of about 4 in it as he summoned up the courage to jump out. He shouted "mammon" and she counted "1.2.3" but each time his little face screwed up in concentration and he bottled it.,, just when she reached down to pour herself another glass of wine and wasn't looking, off he jumped. She seemed remarkably unconcerned as he bobbed about struggling to reach the back of the boat. I was about 20 feet away in much shallower water. Suddenly out from under the boat papa pops up, holding a spear gun, flippers and a black net bag which is full. Boy gets tossed into the boat along with the gear and I breath a sigh of relief. It's only a few moments later that I wonder what's in the water with me that you'd need a spear gun to kill?!
I exited the water sharpest and went for a bike ride with George.
Here he is just before he almost knocked his bike of the jetty...
image.jpg

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
That's the one we stayed at last year, though with the rain's last year the pitches had taken a battering!,

know what you mean about everyone having aquatic toy's, we only had a poxy inflatable kayak, would much rather have had a SIB with a small motor

Have a great holiday now and chill(y)

Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back