Campsite Recommendation To Visit London (1 Viewer)

GHN

Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
My French friend who has just bought his first motorhome wants to come to England to visit London. He has asked me for a list of aires in London!!!

So I have explained the aires situation in England and have even tried to put him off London but his wife is rather keen to do the sights. I have suggested that a campsite outside the low emissions zone, possibly towards the south east, near to a train station would be the solution.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Abbey Wood Caravan Club site. 5 mins walk to train station then about 30 mins to Charing Cross.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Crystal Palace Caravan Club Site

The number 3 bus near the caravan park departs regularly and goes into London via Brixton, Lambeth Bridge, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus and terminates on Oxford Street. The bus operates all through the night so late night theatre goers need not worry about returning to site.

EDIT
NOTE: both these Club sites are within the LEZ

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/lez.shtml

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
GHN

GHN

Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks for your responses. I want to avoid the LEZ so I'm really looking for a site outside the M25 with good transport links to London.

Any more suggestions?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We stayed at Chertsey C&CC site a few years ago, just inside the M25 but a bit pricey on the train to get in. There is also Welwyn Garden City CC site to the north, same again,just outside the M25 and a train or bus journey to get into the city. Both sites were okay as I recall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Oxford C&CC site: across the road from the Redbridge P&R with buses every few minutes (NB you can use the Abingdon buses as well as the P& R buses) to Gloucester Green coach station on George Street. From there you have 2 firms, each running a 20 minutely service to central London ( ie coaches every 10 minutes, 24/7) on a comfortable coach with WiFi and drinks. Not expensive either.

What you need to look out for is that, if you go with Oxford Tube out then you must return with them: tickets are not interchangeable.

There is also good motorhome parking in the Redbridge P&R if they prefer to overnight in one of the nearby CLs or the Abingdon MH aire.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
kelvedon hatch,lovely little campsite 10 minutes from brentwood main station.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back