mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
say this... can't get over how cheap it is and seeing as we don't watch a lot of telly a more attractive proposition than replacing our rubbish current terrestrial set up... but will it prove equally rubbish

I have a decent freesat receiver running spare as we no longer have a dish at home (listed building)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
35cm is a bit to small, dish quality is poor...

You would do a lot better in buying a Sky dish and LNb..Usually lots available on ebay...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPLETE-...233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item416f7d2ef1
If you are going to use it while out mobile then tripod stands can also be got easy enough.

As for the listed building bit, dishes can be mounted on sheds, on the ground hidden among bushes etc... Even on a tree... Done some really weird installs in my time...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suspect it could work with blue skies but the slightest hint of rain would lose the signal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
35cm is a bit to small, dish quality is poor...

You would do a lot better in buying a Sky dish and LNb..Usually lots available on ebay...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPLETE-...233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item416f7d2ef1
If you are going to use it while out mobile then tripod stands can also be got easy enough.

As for the listed building bit, dishes can be mounted on sheds, on the ground hidden among bushes etc... Even on a tree... Done some really weird installs in my time...

our listing is strict - we can't change the facade at all so nothing allowed at the front that isn't representative of the era and if we had a sat dish would need it visible from the front... anyway, don't watch enough TV, what I liked about this one was the suggestion that I could use the suction cup to put it on the van so not 'camping' as putting a tripod with a sky dish out would certainly be... but if it isn't going to work then it's probably not worth bothering with.. thanks for your advice

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
They do work, Just not the best....
However the difference between what you get on Freesat and Freeview is maybe not worth the bother if it's just for home use.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I got a suitcase jobby off ebay for £15
I use the 12v receiver in the van for when we are abroad and there is a sat hook up point available. have used the dish a few times and seems to work ok but a bit tricky to set up , you will need a good sat finder to go with it

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
We have a similar one from Aldi, even came with a little freesat box. Used it when we had the Caravan and it worked fine, just a bit of a pain to set up.
Just gathering dust in our garage now as we have Maxview on our Motorhome.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Couldn't you install / hide one of these. It's not an obvious sky dish.
We had one on our last MH and it worked perfectly all over the place.

https://www.roadpro.co.uk/retail/product_list.aspx?prod=Fixed+manual+satellite+dishes

We put a washing line up and had people taking pictures to report it.. that was allowed by a sat dish isn't so we would get caught for sure..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back