Fiat Base Vehicle Identification (1 Viewer)

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Found amongst volumes of paperwork with my van an original spec sheet, answers a lot of questions about dimensions, weights and tyres but it refers to engine options as Ducato 14 or 18 which I can't pin down, have tried vin plate tool and it doesn't compute (for me at least). any other tips for finding the engine type?

I know I have an 8140.47 Motor, version 230BEMBB if I could cross refer a power output I could work out which Ductao reference mine is, but I can't even find that. Am trying to buy alternator and starter motor to carry as spares, can see part number on starter, nothing on alternator, when helpful supplier cross references using starter detail he comes up with an alternator which doesn't match physically though mounting points are the same, could be mine has been changed at some point in the past? Just to complicate things mine has aircon and the driven pump for this almost sits on the road!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Well just to confuse you a bit more , there is also a " 10" :D along with 14 & 18.
This is the ultra short wheel base one , known over here as a "Talento" & in Peugeot guise , as a J5.
The base chassis cab unladen weight is around 1700kgs & my understanding is "10" is 1tonne; ( carrying capacity) "14" is 1,4 Tonnes & "18" is 1,8 Tonnes.
So added to the U/L gives an mma of 2,7T; 3,1T & 3,5 T.

I believe the engine should be 2,5 tdi.
What year is it.

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
It's a Hymer B574 so the registered year of 1999 on a T registration could be a good bit later than the year of the engine and chassis?

The only other relevent info I can see on my Hymer spec sheet is that the 18 has 16" wheels, mine are 15"

It is definitely a turbo but I don't understand the difference in the terms Turbo Diesel and Turbo Diesel Injectors? Injected? I thought the diesel fuel was injected in all diesel engines? All the parts compatibility charts on E Bay for example show options for 'platform' or 'box'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It's a Hymer B574 so the registered year of 1999 on a T registration could be a good bit later than the year of the engine and chassis?

The only other relevent info I can see on my Hymer spec sheet is that the 18 has 16" wheels, mine are 15"

It is definitely a turbo but I don't understand the difference in the terms Turbo Diesel and Turbo Diesel Injectors? Injected? I thought the diesel fuel was injected in all diesel engines? All the parts compatibility charts on E Bay for example show options for 'platform' or 'box'
Platform means it is a "chassis cab" & box a van.

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Vin tool looks just what I need, however keeps telling me there are pirates about, come back later! Even joined the fiat forum and tried it from there. Maybe my mobile settings? Will have another go when I get home

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi.. this may help.. maybe you have tried already ?
I was trying to establish exactly what engine was fitted and other technical details.. It's all available using your VIN number on the Fiat site ..

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...-and-other-useful-stuff-using-the-vin.108407/

I tried that one with no luck Jim. I think it only has data for vehicles up to 2005. Useful tool though, it would be handy if they updated it.

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 15.46.56.jpg

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Me neither!

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
When looking for spare vehicle parts, I usually do the following :

Google "replacement alternator by registration number" (or whatever part instead of alternator). You'll get quite a few suggestions for motor factors. Click the link, type in your reg number and hit search. Some sites won't always have a match, but don't give up on the first attempt ;)

Hope it works for you :D

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Reg number identifier no good for my van, tried lots of them but I suspect there is just the one database, HOWEVER got the Fiat VIN tool working, found all the information I needed, (for now) thanks Jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It is definitely a turbo but I don't understand the difference in the terms Turbo Diesel and Turbo Diesel Injectors? Injected?

turbo diesel uses a mechanical injection pump and feeds individual injectors in turn whereas the turbo diesel injection uses a high pressure common rail injection system where there is a high pressure electric pump which pressurises the common rail (tube) and the injectors are opened electronically.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back