Nav Apps, Sygic, Copilot - To Truck Or Not (1 Viewer)

mcbrucer

Free Member
Jun 30, 2015
Kettering
Funster No
MH
Caravan!
Exp
Hello all,
I'll confess up front that I'm a caravanner rather than a motorhomer but google has revealed your forum to have a lot of expertise on the subject of navigation and so I'm here asking for help....

I'm a novice, I have a large twin axle van and I'm pulling it with a fairly large 4x4. We a few weeks away from setting off on our first family holiday across the channel with the van, to Normandy.

Up until now, i've got by in the UK with the waze application on my iphone but recently, it gave me a bad steer and we ended up in a tight spot.

With the trip to France looming, I've decided I need a new GPS. I did look at the usual camper models from tomtom, snooper & garmin, but theyre all very pricey. I'd like to stay with the iphone if I can find the right software for it that can work offline.

I tried out the free versions of both CoPilot and Sygic today - CoPilot on an android tablet was awful but the Sygic on the iphone looked great.

My question is, with my outfit - will I benefit from having the truck versions of these over the regular car versions? I'm not sure if my outfit would be large enough to qualify as being a truck(!)

Any help or suggestions appreciated...

Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back